Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM

Kenny is on a distinguished road
Default Fro & fsos refuse to enforce support order

Has anyone here ever had the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) and/or the New Brunswick Family Support Order Service (NB FSOS) refuse to enforce a valid court order?

During the week of 12 September 2011, the FRO informed me that the NB FSOS has refused to enforce a temporary court order for child support.

First, the FRO claimed that I did not use the Interjurisdictional Support Order (ISO) process. In response, I provided the FRO with ample documentation proving that the simplified FRO ISO package could not be used as original support order was contained in my divorce order. After a week-long fight with the FRO, they seemed to accept that maybe all the lawyers, court office staff, judges and whole process were correct and they may have overlooked that. Sure – whatever!

Second, through the FRO, NB FSOS informed me that now they are unable to enforce the order as my ex-wife (Payer and Respondent), declared that she knew nothing of any court process in Ottawa! Without review, question or hesitation, NB FSOS believed this support dodger and informed the FRO that they will close the file due to a breach in legal procedure.

Again, in response, I faxed the FRO (for furtherance to NB FSOS) her response (FLR 15B and attachments), endorsement sheets from both case and settlement conferences and forms with her signature on them from Canada Post. Also, I checked again with a lawyer and the Ottawa court staff to confirm that my file HAS BEEN administered correctly.

The FRO acknowledged the fax and told me to wait an additional six to eight weeks for an answer. I have been without any support for these kids in June 2009.

The system is not biased, some say?

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...mistakes-8946/

Any thoughts or opinions?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Your ex will wind up owing the arrears. She's only postponing the inevitable. It all comes out in the wash.

The government wheels move very slowly, it sucks, but it is what it is.
Closed Thread