Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 06:55 AM

Kenny is on a distinguished road
Default Family Responsibility Office - Serious Mistakes

If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all!

The Family Responsibility Office (FRO) garnished the wrong person! I just can't believe it.

There was no child support order in effect of any type. I have had sole custody of the kids since summer 2009 (Winter 2005 for one). Ex has refused to pay child support in any amount or even send a birthday card with $5 in it for the kids.

The court granted a Temporary Child Support Order until the trial in November 2011 where "The Respondent, Rita ***** will pay the Applicant child support in the amount of ..... (and so on)"

I opened up the FRO mail the other day, apparently now, I am the payer! I am in the Canadian Forces, therefore the garnishment is easy. It will be effective on my end month April pay. WOW.

I am sure this can be addressed. I have an original order to the contrary. The point is, FRO refuses to change the payment order or even investigate the mistake. I have to do all the leg work. In the meantime, my Ex is about to receive $1,800 that she is not entitled to, and will likely refuse to pay back.

I am not only (court recognized) as $5,300 overpaid in child support from 2005, but the Ex owes me child support since 2009 AND will have money that does not belong to her. WTF!

What a system!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:14 AM

karmaseeker is on a distinguished road

I don't understand. How can they refute a court order? That is messed up. I am sorry another dad is hit below the belt
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 AM

AtALoss is on a distinguished road

The unfortunate part about FROs methods is they are very adamant that they will not do ANYTHING with out an order. granted sometimes that rigidity may be needed but..... they have a hard time acknowledging when they do make a mistake.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:53 AM

walshch is on a distinguished road

Try contacting your local M.P.P. as FRO falls under a Provincial Ministry.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 AM

Kenny is on a distinguished road

Additional point. I am not a conspiracy theorist. I am 99% sure this was just an administrative error as the FRO probably sees 80, 90 or more percent of orders where the man pays, therefore, in haste, it was assumed I was the payer.

Besides the obvious gender bias that caused this problem, my main issue is that they were quick to judge, but not quick (or willing at all) to change their system without me getting the proof.

Furthermore, the deeper issue is the FRO culture that allowed this to happen. Even more disturbing, I stand with many whom have this issue; it is not isolated!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 AM

Family Responsibility Office Ontario Telehone Directory - Client and Legal Services | Phone numbers and address

try going to the source, this web page list most of their contact info.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Hi Kenny
Statistically speaking you me and 27,500 other Ontarians we are standing up for
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 AM

For the past 8 years we have been trying to talk to ALL levels of Govt and there is little they will do to assist against FRO... I do have a few that are sympathetic and would be happy to route you to them.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:02 PM

LostFather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all!

The Family Responsibility Office (FRO) garnished the wrong person! I just can't believe it.

There was no child support order in effect of any type. I have had sole custody of the kids since summer 2009 (Winter 2005 for one). Ex has refused to pay child support in any amount or even send a birthday card with $5 in it for the kids.

The court granted a Temporary Child Support Order until the trial in November 2011 where "The Respondent, Rita ***** will pay the Applicant child support in the amount of ..... (and so on)"

I opened up the FRO mail the other day, apparently now, I am the payer! I am in the Canadian Forces, therefore the garnishment is easy. It will be effective on my end month April pay. WOW.

I am sure this can be addressed. I have an original order to the contrary. The point is, FRO refuses to change the payment order or even investigate the mistake. I have to do all the leg work. In the meantime, my Ex is about to receive $1,800 that she is not entitled to, and will likely refuse to pay back.

I am not only (court recognized) as $5,300 overpaid in child support from 2005, but the Ex owes me child support since 2009 AND will have money that does not belong to her. WTF!

What a system!
They did a story or three not that long ago about the horrors of dealing with them...you need to call Ctv or some other news station...this needs to be out to the public..not swept under the carpet...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM

LostFather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Additional point. I am not a conspiracy theorist. I am 99% sure this was just an administrative error as the FRO probably sees 80, 90 or more percent of orders where the man pays, therefore, in haste, it was assumed I was the payer.

Besides the obvious gender bias that caused this problem, my main issue is that they were quick to judge, but not quick (or willing at all) to change their system without me getting the proof.

Furthermore, the deeper issue is the FRO culture that allowed this to happen. Even more disturbing, I stand with many whom have this issue; it is not isolated!
oh..I have no doubt this is gender related and was a factor and these situation are beyond theories anymore.
Closed Thread