Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you feel FRO has mishandled you case?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 2 11.76%
Undecided 3 17.65%
Treated fairly 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 PM

AtALoss is on a distinguished road

What they mean is extra expenses such as FRO Administrators fees secretarial and other legal type fees. Other expenses such extra curicular sports, medical are all a part of the court order. If these are wanted/needed they should be decided in court and be part of the final order. If the are in the order then I guess they can collect for them. I would think especially medical. Now most company coverage for medical the agrement would be to keep the children on such that is paid directly by the holder and no FRO cannont double charge for those.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:52 AM

ceascape is on a distinguished road
Default FMEP Ontario

My husband was contacted today by your FMEP Ontario. We are gainfully employed and would happily pay if we owed.
Unfortunately, our children are all well into their 20’s, the child they think we owe for has children of her own. We are all residence of BC.
My husband was the custodial parent of the one child from when she was 13 (here in BC). Before that all his support was paid through an Ontario court on time. We have a letter from 7 years ago confirming that he is not only custodial parent, but that we have a reciprocal order - which they’ve never enforced. At that point, it was confirmed, in writing, that his file was discharged as far as any amount he may have owed, due to the fac that he was custodial parent.

But they have, now, put a charge on his credit report for a child that is an adult, for support that is owed to us rather than owed by us.
We want to know if Ontario has some sort of justice program, or do we just sue in BC court? If anyone knows of any advocacy programs, we would be grateful. Also, can we just sue the Ontario government in small claims court or do we have to go to BC supreme court (since everyone involved is in BC)?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 AM

Under the Family Law Act there are two things to consider here. 1. The court systen here has jurisdiction of this case as from what I see (your records and comments. Therefore it is bound legally to be hear here in Ontario. The second under the act Section 6 specifically the Ontario courts again are legally binded to uphold those orders, irregardless of the dates. Also there is consideration (in your favour that orders expire as with my spouses case)

As for groups etc there are many ie Father's for justice, etc etc. many have chapters in all provinces and several cities. I know they are in BC. As for us as we progress with our fight it has been one of our goals to bring together people like ourselves that are hving these specific problems. Please PM message me thru here as would like to discuss your situation in more length.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 AM

Hello Everyone,

My poll will be closing in a couple of days. I would like for any of the remaining people here to vote if you are interested. We are trying to find if our calculations are close to being correct. so please while there is still time please do so. Thanks to all who have or will vote.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 AM

dav66 is on a distinguished road

to say FRO makes a payor feel like a useless piece of garbage is an understatement. Condescending passiver aggressive languge when they call, and when you need information, thye do not answer nor return your calls. 10K in legal fees later [purely to fight FRO and get a simple change of income completed because of a confrontational foot dragging ex] i have a crdit rating that has plumetted 100 pts and arrears they STILL have not cleared [going on 2 months].
This office should be dismantled and shut down and covered under new legislation where they are accountable for their actions and the repurcussions they create - only then will they clean up their act.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:58 AM

These are all the issues that we are fighting for and we are still doing so. We need others to speak out to us as well. Our laywer feels there are some 25,000 cases that he would like to see reopened over such issues. Your concerns are much like ours and we will be asking that they be addressed. There is so much wrong with the system. We cant deny the need for such a system BUT a clean up is in order.

We have not been very active on this site in recent months as we have had to become cautious in what we say and do because of the actions of others but rest assured that this has not gone away.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Notadeadbeatdad is on a distinguished road

FRO is the most politically charged dishonest government money machine on the planet. I have no use for them..and yes I pay child support on time.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:08 AM

Like your self most do pay there support. It is the way it is administered that is the problem.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:44 PM

Lauren is on a distinguished road
Default Ex refusing to pay both spousal and child

Hello all
My daughter is 16 and has chosen to live in Sarnia with her dad, g/f, house, dog and picket fence. (yah). The financial advisor that he is, left
me in an apartment and living off $1,200/mth. Somehow this man has
FRO thinking I don't need spousal until the forms come through the mail
to cut off the child support.

This mentality of hardship is unacceptable, and my hydro could be cut off.

Funny how he cannot withhold child support, if my daughter doesn't want to see h im, yet somehow he got FRO to stop even my support.

I am boarder elligible for Legal Aid, and this is the type of guy that talks slick and wouldn't want to be alone in court with him without support.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:55 PM

Lauren is on a distinguished road
Default Mishandled

That's an understatement. Yes
Closed Thread