Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you feel FRO has mishandled you case?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 2 11.76%
Undecided 3 17.65%
Treated fairly 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 PM

AtALoss is on a distinguished road
Default Family Responsibility Office

As many readers here know by now that I am asssiting my spouse in his battle against the FRO. I would like to post this poll to gain your opinions into thier practices.

Our lawyer and us have had many lengthy discussions about the validity of many of FRO's case load. Originally we speculated that some 60% of cases are mishandled/fraudulant in some manner. Our lawyer estimates that it is more likely around 80%. I would like to here what you each think on your individual case.

Please feel free to add your comments too.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:03 AM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road

I am undecided at the moment, but starting to lean towards 'Yes'. My reasoning is because they have allowed the employer far too much leeway and the payments are constantly in arrears. In fact, they do not enforce the things they claim are a must such as the employer or payor having 10 days to notify of a change in employment, and they had no idea my ex was not working at the location on file anymore until I informed them yesterday. The '10 day requirement' had already passed.
Also, I get too much conflicting information from my own case when I call, each time it seems that someone tells me a bit more of one thing, but less of something else - it's as though I'm interrupting their naptime to ask for an update to my case and I have even had an agent tell me in regards to the case being updated that (and I quote) "Head office will update it when they get around to it".
Brilliant government body - they need to change it's name.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 AM

First I am on your side in this one , but why I say that as I am a certified payroll administrator. I had fun with FRO last year as it took me seven months of argueing with them just to get them to adjust a court order changing my support. I went as far as calling my MP. I was taught etc the importance of honouring the garnishees. The Mp told me thatas far as she knew there has never been an employer that has been charged. Why the law then... guess they cave at the last minute.

FRO are really experts at telling tales and misleading all concerned. Once we are done with them along with changing thier name there will be a major overhaul. With my spouses case, There is going to be a major lawsuit coming forth very soon and a judicial review. On March 6th he is back in court to discuss the matter of them faulsifying documents.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:13 AM

#1StepMom is on a distinguished road

I am currently undecided. However, once we get a reduction in child support, we'll see how FRO settles the fact that we've overpaid the last 4 months. I'll vote again then! ;-)
Old 02-12-2009, 11:24 AM

About_Time is on a distinguished road

After reading the stories on this board, I have added a clause to our settlement agreement which says that we will specifically exclude FRO from the enforcement of our order, unless I become delinquent in my payments.

I can pay my support. I don't need FRO involved. That's motivation enough to pay in full and on time lol
Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 PM

#1StepMom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by About_Time View Post
After reading the stories on this board, I have added a clause to our settlement agreement which says that we will specifically exclude FRO from the enforcement of our order, unless I become delinquent in my payments.

I can pay my support. I don't need FRO involved. That's motivation enough to pay in full and on time lol
Wow, you can do that? I wish I had known this when we first went to court many years ago. I doubt there's any way to insert that clause now. Heck, even if we tried, I strongly doubt my stepson's bio-mom would agree. And I doubt the judge would grant such a one-sided request, especially as they are the ones that push FRO on the payors.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 PM

Many such "conditions" are written into agreements. Especially now that it is coming to light about FRO. (we are not the only ones who have disputes) The Judges and couples are and should seek alternative means. FRO must be sent the orders in the first place...so if this can be interupted. As long as you have an order final or interm it can and often does get registered with FRO at another time. The key in FL and all of this is that the parties have to uplhold these agreements and orders. Easier said than done some days I realise but what about the consequences if you don't. they are out there.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:26 PM

frustrated11 is on a distinguished road

FYI- if calling the FRO to get a Statment of Account showing that there are no arrears for 2008. There is a $25.00 processing fee if you have previously requested this in earlier years
Old 02-12-2009, 02:35 PM

sufferer is on a distinguished road

I have a nice experiece with FRO.Though after they receive the court orders it takes them almost 6-8weeks to enforce the payments.But after that they never bguged me.By 3rd of every month i get my payment
Old 02-12-2009, 02:38 PM

About_Time is on a distinguished road

I was fortunate the the Ex was amendable to exempting us from FRO. I think ultimately she prefers having me just email transfer the money to her each month and knows I'll pay in full and on time. You need to file a form with the court though - signed by both parties - and then have it forwarded to FRO.

Or in my case, forwarded three times until they finally got it figured out. Oy.
Closed Thread