Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2014, 10:56 AM

Janibel will become famous soon enough
Default family law overhaul

Report to Supreme Court chief justice calls for family law overhaul

Report to Supreme Court chief justice calls for family law overhaul - The Globe and Mail

An unreleased report commissioned by the country’s top judge is urging a radical overhaul of Canada’s family law system.

The report to Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin, scheduled for release next month, calls for restructuring the family law system from the ground up, with a focus on streamlining the court process and ending a fixation on combat.

I'm sure that most of us in here would agree that it's high time for Canada's family law system to be updated. I found the comments at the bottom of the page to be an eye-opener ... no we are not alone in being totally disgusted with the way things work (or don't work I should say).

Last edited by Janibel; 01-21-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-21-2014, 11:07 AM

FWB is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm sure that most of us in here would agree that it's high time for Canada's family law system to be updated.
A bit of an understatement, but YES.....most of us believe it should the Canada family systems should have been revamped a decade or so ago, just like some civilized countries out there.

Side Note: I can every single PAYOR out there shouting.....you can say that again!!!

PS: Words taken from articles ARE TO BE PUT IN QUOTES, forum rules and all that. Disons simplement
Old 01-21-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
A bit of an understatement, but YES.....most of us believe it should the Canada family systems should have been revamped a decade or so ago, just like some civilized countries out there.

Side Note: I can every single PAYOR out there shouting.....you can say that again!!!

PS: Words taken from articles ARE TO BE PUT IN QUOTES, forum rules and all that. Disons simplement
Are you also a moderator now aside from all your other countless virtues?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:17 AM

Nah Madame...I don't need that accolade. Just simply trying go with what was said that..."one person is not being singled out"

So it will only make sense that words that are not yours, get put in quotes. It's plagiarism if you don't quote

bonne journée
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 AM

To put it in Biblical terms :"go ye forth and multiply".
Old 01-21-2014, 11:24 AM

^^^Likewise
Old 01-21-2014, 11:34 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post

All things are not about "paying" [although this may ring true in your own personal situation].

FWB - your comments lead me to believe that you are disillusioned with Canada. Perhaps you should go back to your country of origin or to a more "civilized" country? I'm quite proud to be Canadian and believe Canada is, indeed, quite civilized and a great place to live.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:34 AM

What is turning so many young men into internet trolls? | Media | The Observer

"One motive for trolling, and perhaps one we're all most familiar with, seems to be simple boredom – too much free time after school, at work, or between jobs. These are the individuals who are trolling to kill a few hours, entertain themselves, and even impress others of a similar mindset."

"A second motive appears to be a need for attention, a craving that will accept any kind of attention, however positive or negative, as long as that person is at the centre of it. Such individuals may not just post offensive messages, but also annoyingly implausible stories, grand claims, and obvious lies."

There, I think I've made good use of your advice and avoided plagiarism.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you should go back to your country of origin or to a more "civilized" country?
Arabian...I am disappointed to hear you come out with such a line. Now if we look at your comment, doesn't that just apply to all of us though? Comments like this, usually get people labelled, but am not going to go there

Doesn't matter if some people came here in the 1800s, 1900s or 2000...we are all visitors in this country called Canada.

Posters like Links17 and others have talked about how things are done in Australia and a number of other countries, so obviously am not the only one that thinks the family law system here is not up to speed with the rest of the world.

Last edited by FWB; 01-21-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:48 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I particularly concur with "The ground-breaking report also recommends the imposition of painful cost awards against litigants who behave badly or impede settlements" (Makin, K., Report to Supreme Court justice, calls for family overhaul, Globe and Mail, Mar 27, 2013).

I know that in many cases we hear about repetitive adjournments and refusal to provide full financial disclosure. I wonder if this imposition of penalty would finally give people the impetus to be compensated without having to go through the procedure of contempt?