Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 AM

walshch is on a distinguished road

MommaBear, keep taking the High Road as it looks like you're doing, and you will come out on top. Their credibility diminishes significantly with every BS allegation.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:36 PM

donnahenderson is on a distinguished road

I know of a recent case where the lawyer should be awarded an academy award for "best in show"....He took all of the information that was provided as the person was being cooperative and turned everything around into lies. I can't believe that lawyers should be allowed to slam dunk men in court with lies and get away with it. Furthermore it is beyond my wild imagination how the judge allowed him to go on and on with his showboating......Needless to say the accused person can no longer go back into court unrepresented and now who wins in this case. I feel sorry and have a great deal of respect and sympathy for people who have to endure such a thing as "family court"......It is nothing but a farce.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:33 AM

MommaBear73 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshch View Post
MommaBear, keep taking the High Road as it looks like you're doing, and you will come out on top. Their credibility diminishes significantly with every BS allegation.
Thank you I am trying, but as I am sure everyone on here knows, these things can get very emotional. We have a continuation of a previous case conference coming up. The Judge told us to settle things and pretty much laid out for my ex what he needed to do. Instead of following the Judge's suggestion the ex has taken this as a chance to try to change nearly the entire current divorce order including getting joint custody (he lives hours away, I've had sole for years and all we do is fight) dropping down the child support, putting a cap on it so regardless of when he gets a raise it never goes up, asking that he never has to show proof of income and that I agree to never involve the FRO as well as a bunch of other nonsense. He is accusing me of being difficult and not 'negotiating' as I said no.
He paid nothing for the first 2 years and has been paying less then what he's supposed to for the last 3 1/2. Part of me wants to go after it (more money for kids' RESP's) but part of me is so tired of all the BS I just want it all to end.
*sigh*
Old 03-29-2011, 02:16 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Public mischief? lol good luck. I know many a case where this should be done and it is not. Good luck to you though.
Closed Thread