Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 PM

DDD is on a distinguished road
Default False Allegations

Can anything be done to somebody that has made some very serious allegations?? My ex said that I chopped a door down with a axe and chased her through the house, then she said I knocked her to the ground and dragged her to the wood stove where I tried to burn her head off. The police noticed right away that the door didnt even have a mark on it, and they were going to drop the investigation right away, but then a womans victim unit got involved and they had to do a full investigation, even the police knew that it didn't even happen, but they were told to fully investigate, nothing she told them made any sense. After 2 months they have now stopped the investigation and said its over, it never happened. Can anything be done to her for making false allegations, the police didn't even believe her when she was telling the story. Why is that men always get accused of stuff, how is it fair that a woman can say what ever she wants and get away with it. I've never done anything wrong in my life other than a realationship with her. Shouldn't she be held accountable for making false allegations. This is crazy to think that people can just say shit and get away with it. Any ideas if she can be held accountable
Old 03-24-2011, 11:24 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

That VERY VERY good question... I need answer too...
Old 03-25-2011, 07:40 AM

walshch is on a distinguished road

INSIST that the police charge her with Public Mischief Section 140 (1) of the Criminal Code. If they don't, then go to the J.P. and lay your own Information.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:04 AM

I am sorry for stupid question but what is J.P. ?
Does the same apply for anybody who lied about you and tried to charge you for example with assault ? How far back you can go? I mean can you do still do it if that happened 2 years ago ?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 AM

J.P. - Justice of the Peace. Technically you could lay a Public Mischief charge 2 years after the fact, but you would have to have some solid evidence to support your claim. I doubt very strongly if you could find a J.P. to take your complaint. Your credibility comes into question the longer you wait. I would concentrate your efforts on more recent events.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM

Thank you.
Just good to know ... I just wonder does anyone pursue false allegations what a lot of us facing in family court?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:03 AM

Public Mischief is where someone has the Police (Peace Officer) enter into an investigation. False allegations in Family Court are the "other sides"' truth, and the other side is not having the police investigate, so Public Mischief wouldn't apply.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 AM

MommaBear73 is on a distinguished road

My ex made a lot of false allegations about me in court, which of course made me soooo mad. I did the best thing I could do, which was proving him wrong.
He accused me of neglecting their education. His proof? My rotten teenager did one project outline in red ink. Red ink!! Lol. My proof that I am not neglecting their education? Amazing report cards, awards for strength of character and letters from their teachers calling them role models for other students
Keep everthing. It does make a difference.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshch View Post
Public Mischief is where someone has the Police (Peace Officer) enter into an investigation. False allegations in Family Court are the "other sides"' truth, and the other side is not having the police investigate, so Public Mischief wouldn't apply.
so if understand properly if someone got to police tell that that they was assaulter and threated to be killed. After police came to questioning and story did not confirm - nothing you can do? Not even parking ticket ? ))
Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear73 View Post
My ex made a lot of false allegations about me in court, which of course made me soooo mad. I did the best thing I could do, which was proving him wrong.
He accused me of neglecting their education. His proof? My rotten teenager did one project outline in red ink. Red ink!! Lol. My proof that I am not neglecting their education? Amazing report cards, awards for strength of character and letters from their teachers calling them role models for other students
Keep everthing. It does make a difference.
I understand that that made you mad. Made me mad too for 30 minutes. But I am talking about more serous stuff. Like assault, asking restrain order, some people go thru false sexual assault accusation what can completely destroy peoples lives...

Last edited by WorkingDAD; 03-25-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Closed Thread