Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 01:10 AM

knight_yyz is on a distinguished road
Default Ex spouse using my facebook

Hi Folks, long story short. My wife found out my facebook login a few years ago while we were married. made no difference to me as she was on facebook and could see all my posts anyway.
We separated last October. I changed every password I could think of, butIi missed facebook becasue it doesn't ask you for it when you stay logged on. I never logout completely so it slipped my mind.
I have been told by 3 people that she has used that information to spy on me over the last 9 months. Is it still considered hacking if she knew the password? Is it against the law to use the password? I have changed it so there is no way for her to see anything anymore. But I'm wondering if there is a way to use this against her. Inclusion og seclusion or something like that?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:28 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Nope. It is like a bank card. You give your pin number to someone else then you essentially void your agreement with the bank and they won't back you if you're ripped off. Some banks even demand the card back.

Some great friends you have - telling you 9 months after the fact. Sheesh. Damage has been done. Walk on.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I agree with Arabian... you provided the password to her and she just didn't forget it.

Arabian is absolutely right about the bank and my mother in law is going through this now. Last week someone took $500 out of her account at 4am. She went to the bank to figure it out, after a short investigation it was determined it was her own son who took the money out. She attempted to press charges and such, but because she provided him the Pin number months ago, there was nothing fraudulent about what he did because he didn't hack the card.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:18 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

For Facebook, go to your settings and look at 'active sessions ' and it will show you everywhere you are logged in from. Choose 'end all sessions ' and it will log you out from everywhere aside from your current session. Check/change your email address and password, problem solved.

Be more careful in the furure and perhaps spend more time trying to deal with your situation than looking for things to 'use against her'.