Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 AM

Kenny is on a distinguished road
Default Escalating FRO Issues

Can anyone share their experiences with me when escalating issues with the Family Responsibility Office (FRO), particularly with the Interjursidictional Support Orders (ISO) Unit?

I do not want to sound like a broken record, but I am becoming increasingly frustrated as the FRO just simply refuses to take an active part in the enforcement of a valid court order for child support.

Now, both the FRO and the Family Support Orders Service New Brunswick (FSOS) will not return my phone calls or respond to any polite and well-written correspondences. Furthermore, the FRO actually told me to stop calling (I call once every seven to 14 days) and wait for a case manager to contact me.

The real problem is that my ex-wife told the both the FRO and FSOS NB that she had no idea that there was an ongoing court process for child support in Ottawa. Based on that alone, the FRO told the FSOS to stop enforcing the order until it is clarified. In the one conversation I had with the FSOS early in the process they mentioned that if the FRO does not verify the validity of the order, they will be forced to close their enforcement file.

This query was clarified with a fax including all proofs of service (Form 6B and courier delivery confirmations) and previous court conference endorsements where it was indicated she was present in the courtroom.

Rhetorically I ask, on what authority do they arbitrarily ignore a valid court order anyway?

Again, does anyone have any suggestions based on their own similar experiences?

Thanks.

PS. When the tables were turned, my garnishment was raised in less than 30 days. No questions. No review. Just shut up and pay!
Closed Thread