Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithandMorals View Post
I think it is great that you compare your conflict with WorkingDad.
Is that sarcasm? He's a legend, I'm just a phenom...
Old 02-10-2016, 10:14 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headwaters1 View Post
Rather than a documentary I'd rather see a Class Action Suit against legal aid.
I think something has to be done with Legal Aid. Transparency of their conduct and especially the conduct of the lawyers at legal aid needs to be dealt with. Legal Aid as a funding organization should not be able to hide as much as they do.

Not sure if it is a class action suit but, better statistics about their operations and outcomes would be nice. LIke how many certificates actually end in settlement vs court appearances? How many certs are related to false allegations of "domestic violence"? How many emergency ex-parte motions do they allow? Do they work with shelters and other non-government certified "professionals"?
Old 02-10-2016, 10:16 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Is that sarcasm? He's a legend, I'm just a phenom...
Yes. It is sarcasm.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithandMorals View Post
I think it is great that you compare your conflict with WorkingDad.
LOL! We miss you F&M. Hope all is well.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:20 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
I think something has to be done with Legal Aid. Transparency of their conduct and especially the conduct of the lawyers at legal aid needs to be dealt with. Legal Aid as a funding organization should not be able to hide as much as they do.

Not sure if it is a class action suit but, better statistics about their operations and outcomes would be nice. LIke how many certificates actually end in settlement vs court appearances? How many certs are related to false allegations of "domestic violence"? How many emergency ex-parte motions do they allow? Do they work with shelters and other non-government certified "professionals"?
This information would be invaluable. Transparency and accountability for a publicly funded organization should be a no-brainer.