Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,139
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithandMorals View Post
I think it is great that you compare your conflict with WorkingDad.
Is that sarcasm? He's a legend, I'm just a phenom...
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Tayken's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,472
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headwaters1 View Post
Rather than a documentary I'd rather see a Class Action Suit against legal aid.
I think something has to be done with Legal Aid. Transparency of their conduct and especially the conduct of the lawyers at legal aid needs to be dealt with. Legal Aid as a funding organization should not be able to hide as much as they do.

Not sure if it is a class action suit but, better statistics about their operations and outcomes would be nice. LIke how many certificates actually end in settlement vs court appearances? How many certs are related to false allegations of "domestic violence"? How many emergency ex-parte motions do they allow? Do they work with shelters and other non-government certified "professionals"?
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Tayken's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,472
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Is that sarcasm? He's a legend, I'm just a phenom...
Yes. It is sarcasm.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Tayken's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,472
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithandMorals View Post
I think it is great that you compare your conflict with WorkingDad.
LOL! We miss you F&M. Hope all is well.
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2016, 10:20 AM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,837
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
I think something has to be done with Legal Aid. Transparency of their conduct and especially the conduct of the lawyers at legal aid needs to be dealt with. Legal Aid as a funding organization should not be able to hide as much as they do.

Not sure if it is a class action suit but, better statistics about their operations and outcomes would be nice. LIke how many certificates actually end in settlement vs court appearances? How many certs are related to false allegations of "domestic violence"? How many emergency ex-parte motions do they allow? Do they work with shelters and other non-government certified "professionals"?
This information would be invaluable. Transparency and accountability for a publicly funded organization should be a no-brainer.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Divorce Industry Documentary ensorcelled General Chat 1 08-22-2015 09:28 AM
"Flying Solo" Documentary caranna General Chat 9 10-28-2013 10:33 AM
The Last Hurdle Pursuinghappiness Financial Issues 26 05-31-2013 09:08 PM
Documentary on the male experience in separation and divorce SteveB General Chat 101 11-01-2012 08:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 PM.