Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 08:42 AM

Janibel will become famous soon enough
Default Divorcing Husband Protests

Divorcing husband hangs protest banner outside home after wife strips house bare!

Divorcing husband Robin Baker sends angry banner message to ex-wife | Metro News

Can you blame him?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

That is not a nice thing for her to do. I had a neighbour once who tried to do that. We called the police and said we thought the house was being robbed, so they came right away. This gave us time to drive over to her husbands work and bring him back. The poor guy had no idea she was even leaving him. She of course had her " boyfriend" helping her with the move. Why do some people feel they are entitled to take everything. No concept of how the children felt to see their family home stripped and Dad and Mommy screaming at each other in the driveway.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:42 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

My partner's ex did this. They had a 4k sq ft home and she left 3 spatulas in the kitchen and the junk in the garage she didn't want. She took everything else...and there was a lot of stuff. When he assigned a value to the items...she told him it was all used and therefore worthless in dollar value and shouldn't be included in their mediated agreement.

Funny enough, about 2 months later, he had to go over to her new place to help his son move stuff from her house to his and saw her basement. It was literally stuffed wall to wall with furniture and items from their home.

When their older daughter asked for some of her old bedroom furniture for their new baby...she said "no" even though it was just crammed in her basement not being used. So I ended up giving her my D's furniture since she was getting older and needed new stuff anyway. I just cannot understand why someone would horde that kind of stuff and let it collect dust instead of giving it to a granddaughter.

Some people are vindictive to the point that it manifests into forms of mental illness.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:46 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
My partner's ex did this. They had a 4k sq ft home and she left 3 spatulas in the kitchen and the junk in the garage she didn't want. She took everything else...and there was a lot of stuff. When he assigned a value to the items...she told him it was all used and therefore worthless in dollar value and shouldn't be included in their mediated agreement.

Funny enough, about 2 months later, he had to go over to her new place to help his son move stuff from her house to his and saw her basement. It was literally stuffed wall to wall with furniture and items from their home.

When their older daughter asked for some of her old bedroom furniture for their new baby...she said "no" even though it was just crammed in her basement not being used. So I ended up giving her my D's furniture since she was getting older and needed new stuff anyway. I just cannot understand why someone would horde that kind of stuff and let it collect dust instead of giving it to a granddaughter.

Some people are vindictive to the point that it manifests into forms of mental illness.
Ding Ding Ding....
Old 12-18-2013, 11:23 AM

I can understand that people are upset when there's a break-up but does that give them the right to take all of it? A few years ago my cousin's ex-wife cleared out the family home while he was off at work (Valentine's day BTW).

She even took the shower curtains but not the rod? Weeks later my cousin could smell something foul in the bathroom - could not find the cause for the life of him after cleaning everything? The Ex had stuffed ground beef inside the curtain rod! She had also gotten her new BF to mess with the electric box and had my cousin not checked it out, he would have had a fire ...

He tried to press charges, nothing came of it. You'd think that crazy behavior like that would bring consequences - not to mention that her own kids had to live in a home without furniture? Selfish to the point of being sick!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Ah yes, the old curtain rod trick - both appalling and amazing at the same time. This story has been circulating for years:

Stupid People - The Curtain Rods

Gotta hand it to the wife, though, for a rather ingenious and creative payback for a cheating husband.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:45 AM

I'm glad my cousin is rid of her. The new guy left her after only 18 months ... he figured her out fast enough. If I were to get involved with a divorced man I would be very interested on how he treats the Ex-wife and kids. It says a lot about a person's character (or lack of).
Old 12-18-2013, 03:49 PM

beenthere is on a distinguished road

My ex did this to me years ago when I was away on exercise, happens to a lot of us military guys.
Karma has caught up with her now, our D is staying with me, ex is going through divorce #2 and it was a nasty one. Ex thought she would milk #2 husband for huge spousal & cash pay out but he was way ahead of her so she got no spousal & very little $. Now ex is having to file for bankruptcy.
The only part of this that makes me happy is having my daughter back in my life after years of ex being very successful at brainwashing her against me. Truth is out now, D has things figured out and refuses to put up with her mother's crap anymore...
Cheers!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

My ex did this AND she had me pay her for her share of the furniture (she took a lot of stuff but not everything)
Old 12-18-2013, 11:17 PM

smileandwalkaway is on a distinguished road

My ex did this. I had moved out and took only personal possessions belonging to the kids. He coincidently put the house on the market (without my knowledge) and found a buyer right before declaring bankruptcy.

We made arrangements for me to come to the house. He offered for me to "take anything I wanted". I drove the 6 hrs to get to the house. He was not there. He had cleared everything out. Anything of value was taken to house of his then gf. Only junk and garbage was left behind. I took very little personal belongings in my car.

The following day the ex called me, confused why I left everything in the house. In the days following I received angry emails. He was upset because he now had to remove things from the house for the new buyers and tried threatening me with the bill he would get for putting all this stuff in storage. By stuff I mean broken motorcycles, mouse poo infested toys, etc.

Knowing not to trust him, I had tried to be proactive by photographing everything in the house before moving out, everything I took, and everything that he had left behind for me. My lawyer was not interested in pursuing it. I literally left the marriage with my kids, some of their personal belongings, and the clothes off my back... To the extent I could squeeze everything into a minivan with a crib.