Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 05:30 PM

privateone is on a distinguished road

Agreed phoenix

In keeping with the free for all thread educate

So the question I have for you is (and I'm not being sarcastic) How is it that your ex can get away with not paying all that he should? What loop holes has he found to pull this off? I had a friend who was out of work, in dire straights, and they still pulled his driver's licence and pulled him in front of a judge...who thankfully saw the mistake that had been made and waved everything especially when his ex had relocated the children to another province without permission.

If they could garnish his wages, and then pull his licence how is it your ex manages to slip under the radar? I think it would be useful for all to know how to catch these low lifes (of both genders) and have them caught. There must be many here who could enlighten everyone with how their ex's snuck by, hid money, or generally beat the system.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:59 PM

phoenix is on a distinguished road

We are still litigating... I hesitate to give too many details right now.

I must admit, he mostly got away with it because of my own stupidity. I believed him when he 'told' me what his annual income was. Turned out it was MUCH more than what he said. Then he lost that job and now that he does have a lower income he is crying "poor" that he can't pay the arrears on the money he blew on himself.

You'd be amazed at how this legal system of ours can be dragged out. I've been at this over a year and it is still going on.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:36 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

phoenix,

Ask yourself this question - Has the individuals lifestyle changed at all since the change of employment? If they have maintained the same assets or acquired new assets, suggests all in itself that their lifestyle has not changed. See the case:

Chute v. Chute, 2006 CanLII 1915 (ON S.C.), http://www.canlii.org/on/cas/onsc/20...onsc10177.html

lv
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM

FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

Phoenex, We all empathize, and understand the trouble you are going through, and do not feel your perspective does not warrant voicing and sharing for discussion and/or advice etc.

I think what was trying to be said was that your issue should have been a thread in and of itself and not posted in this thread, as it had no correlation to the initial post.

Privateone, it's not so much that the ex nows some magical loop hole, but rather is either better represented or better educated in dogging the authorities.
My ex managed to get $35,000 in arrears without getting his licence suspended or suffer any recourse. Believe me I tried. I gave FRO every detail right down to the V.I.N. on the car the only thing I didn't provide FRO was his shoe size. But for whatever reason the system failed me, I can't change history only today and hopefully tomorrow for the better.
I wish you well Phoenex in your efforts to do right by your children.
As hard as it is, don’t let bitterness and hate drive you, the children need a very strong parent, and I am sure you have been great, but hard feelings eventually wear even the best of people, don’t let it do that to you.
Closed Thread