Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 12:53 PM

Unevenplayingground is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by momforever1956 View Post
I believe in embracing the situation you are in.

If you are in a relationship than I it takes work and understanding and compromise and flexibility. If you are single than embrace the peace and quiet, the sense of being empowered and choosing each day what works for you.
I try to be balanced so I am involved in a relationship and we live separate and get to "do our own thing" yet share time together socially and enjoy each moment.
I think if I was ever single again that I would prefer that arrangement.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:31 PM

momforever1956 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unevenplayingground View Post
I think if I was ever single again that I would prefer that arrangement.
It works!! No worry about any future SS for either of us, no worry about who contributes what, no he said she said. Just 2 mature adults behaving like adults.
I must add, I am a believer in marriage for many reasons, children being the main one. A mother and father who respect and love each other and work together for the best interest of the family cannot be beat. Having said that unfortunately in todays world it doesnt seem the norm and the aftermath of a marriage that didnt work is painful, expensive and emotionally draining. I wanted my marriage to work and for the good part of 29 years I tried my best, although in the end I realized that I was just living a lie and part of the facade.
Back to the topic of this thread. Men are not the punchlines, some of who are female have had to endure quite the ride the joke was on us.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:36 PM

elizabethpublicover is on a distinguished road

Please join Lucien Khodier in support for child support reform and lobby any and all politicians you can. Lucien is a hero and remarkable individual who has single handedly, and somewhat successfully challenged the draconian scandalous child support debacle on-going in Canada Author Lucien Khodeir Publishes Two eBooks Then Alerts Every Senator and Every Elected Representative in Canada of the Deficiencies of Canada’s Child-Support Guidelines - PR.com
Old 11-03-2012, 02:39 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I hope people/businesses/organizations would quit using this forum to further their products or views.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:50 PM

Lucien is not campaigning on business grounds, he is campaiging because he pays child support. The notion that there is another motive is implausible.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:59 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I don't like to see advertising, of any sort, on the forum. No I don't want to buy his books or sign a petition. Go away.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 PM

This is a political forum and many people want political reform. No one is asking you to buy books, nor promoting the sale of anything. This is informative for the many people who want legal reform for spousal and child support. If you don;t want reform then simply ignore it.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Elizabeth, if you wish to make a meaningful explanation of what Khodeir is proposing I'm sure there are a few here who might be interested. The link you give is to a press release to e-books and contains no real information.

Khodeir has lost all of his court cases, appeals, and constitutional challenges. He was seeking to end his child support contributions on the basis of them being unconstitutional. I see nothing heroic about that, but perhaps you do.

Certainly there could be meaningful reform of the CSGs, but discussion would require actually specifying the changes that Khodeir is suggesting.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:37 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Message Board Rules
Quote:
Spamming
You can't post the same thing multiple times on the board, or continuously make posts that have no real content or relevance to what is being discussed.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:45 PM

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Elizabeth, if you wish to make a meaningful explanation of what Khodeir is proposing I'm sure there are a few here who might be interested. The link you give is to a press release to e-books and contains no real information.

Khodeir has lost all of his court cases, appeals, and constitutional challenges. He was seeking to end his child support contributions on the basis of them being unconstitutional. I see nothing heroic about that, but perhaps you do.

Certainly there could be meaningful reform of the CSGs, but discussion would require actually specifying the changes that Khodeir is suggesting.

Hey I always trust people who are campaigning for my good, but always ask me to pay money for the privilege .How selfless and heroic of him to ask me to pay for his books !Shame on you Mess
Closed Thread