Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2014, 01:56 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantmyfreedom View Post
Your imflammatory language even got a rise out of me.
Please point me to any inflammatory language. Much appreciated.

Quote:
You just have an over inflated ego and thats reflected by your thousands of posts and you haven't even made it to case conference yet.
Oh my. Passed Case conference. Your facts are way off.

Quote:
now you want to help abused women? Like you said there's resources out there for free.
Free? Like this one? I should have told her to take a hike I suppose? Sorry. I chose to assist her.
Quote:
Ladies....if you're in Ontario like this dude there is a place called "Luke's Place" google it. They will help you navigate through the legal system.
Actually. Ladies aren't the only victims.
Quote:
You've hijacked multiple threads .
Is that not what you're doing now?

You're an amazing person "iwantmyfreedom". Have a splendid day.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:57 PM

Straittohell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Mod Edit - deleted due to personal attack

Supplying that number and resource was a great idea, and fulfills part of what LF32 is trying to accomplish with this thread. Thanks for sharing!

As someone who has read every one of his thousands of posts, I can tell you that it is nice to see LF32 getting a bit of an ego. He was a crushed and demoralized when he came to this forum, and needed a lot of help from the people here to understand how to advocate for the rights of himself and child, and on how to protect himself from a manipulative ex-wife.

If you're seeing some bluster and confidence from him, that is encouraging to know. He has traveled a pretty rough road, and handled himself with a lot more restraint and dignity than many other disenfranchised parents would have. His ex and her lawyer did everything but spit in his face, and he kept going.

I think it is fantastic that he is taking his experiences and giving back to the community, by posting a thread that helps both the abused, and those falsely accused of abuse, work WITH the system as effectively and fairly as possible, as opposed to either getting lost in it, or trying to manipulate it.

Last edited by HammerDad; 11-13-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straittohell View Post
I think it is fantastic that he is taking his experiences and giving back to the community, by posting a thread that helps both the abused, and those falsely accused of abuse, work WITH the system as effectively and fairly as possible, as opposed to either getting lost in it, or trying to manipulate it.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I just want to assist people in any way I can, male or female in navigating though this labyrinth of confusion we call divorce.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:10 PM

LF32, I'm thinking that the inflammatory language bit is in reference to MrToronto. Apparently, some people think you are supposed to be accountable for how he chooses to speak. Too funny.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
LF32, I'm thinking that the inflammatory language bit is in reference to MrToronto. Apparently, some people think you are supposed to be accountable for how he chooses to speak. Too funny.
I get that a lot. For the record. In the hundred and hundreds of pages .. I have never once called anyone the name's "Goldilocks" and "Scumbag", "old goat, etc). Mr T has helped me a great deal. You take the good with the bad. I've learned to ignore the foulness and take the good stuff. And he has a LOT of good stuff.
But yes .. I do get grouped in to the language he uses often. lol

Last edited by LovingFather32; 11-13-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:32 PM

wantmyfreedom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pretty sure he's referring to "burying" them under evidence that legitimately proves their case wrong.

Sounds rational to me, and I'm pretty sure that's the epitome of how court is supposed to work.

Have a great day!
Thank you, the day has been good to me so far.

A theatrical, fracticious, belligerent attitude or a gross exaggeration of facts serves no one's interests.

A calm, prepared, stick to facts, and I-am-here-to-settle-this-case approach serves everyone's interests.

Family courts are a place for civility.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Thank you, the day has been good to me so far.

A theatrical, fracticious, belligerent attitude or a gross exaggeration of facts serves no one's interests.

A calm, prepared, stick to facts, and I-am-here-to-settle-this-case approach serves everyone's interests.

It is excellent to see that you and LF32 are on the same page about that. In his own motion, he used a mountain of evidence and logic to bury his ex's belligerent lawyer that was grossly exaggerating facts, and outright making stuff up.

Nothing wrong with burying somebody with stick to the facts type evidence.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:

Remaining settlement focused is the best way to go indeed. In fact that was my whole case. "I will always respect, promote and encourage the mothers role in D3's life". Offers of mediation, www.ourfamilywizard.com for communication, offers to exchange parenting plans, work on separation agreements .. you name it.

During the motion I had solid evidence "parenting class receipts, hair follicle test results, notes from family Dr, access denials/requests, CAS report in my favor .. you name it.

Ex came in with .. well .a theatrical, fracticious, and belligerent attitude with little to no evidence of anything. Her lawyer even more so.

I totally agree with your post here. Touché.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:27 PM

STATEMENT OF LAW
<DIR>The Children’s Law Reform Act (CLRA) provides guidance on the determination of custody and access for children in Ontario. Section 19 of the CLRA states that the purpose of the Act is:
<DIR> <DIR>
(a) to ensure that applications to the courts in respect of custody of, incidents of custody of, access to and guardianship for children will be determined on the basis of the best interests of the children;

(c) to discourage the abduction of children as an alternative to the determination of custody rights by due process; and

(d) to provide for the more effective enforcement of custody and access orders and for the recognition and enforcement of custody and access orders made outside Ontario. R.S.O.
1990, c. C.12, s. 19.
</DIR></DIR></DIR> <DIR>Section 20 (1) of the CLRA sets out that:
<DIR>Except as otherwise provided in this Part, the father and the mother of a child are equally entitled to custody of the child.
</DIR></DIR> <DIR>Section 20 (2) states that:
</DIR> <DIR>A person entitled to custody of a child has the rights and responsibilities of a parent in respect of the person of the child and must exercise those rights and responsibilities in the best interests of the child.

Section 20 (5) states that:
</DIR> <DIR>The entitlement to access to a child includes the right to visit with and be visited by the child and the same right as a parent to make inquiries and to be given information as to the health, education and welfare of the child. 
</DIR> <DIR>Section 24 of the CLRA goes on to state that the merits of an application under this Part in respect of custody of or access to a child shall be determined on the basis of the best interests of the child, as follows:
Best interests of child</DIR> <DIR>.. we should all know this one. Very Important</DIR> <DIR></DIR> <DIR></DIR> <DIR></DIR> <DIR></DIR> <DIR></DIR> <DIR>All the rules listed above were among the ones listed in my factum. You probably already know them but I figured I 'd post them to assist or remind those researching.</DIR> <DIR>And of course I'm touching on "Past Conduct" in this thread.</DIR> <DIR></DIR> <DIR>Legislation is a VERY important aspect of your case!
</DIR>

Last edited by LovingFather32; 11-13-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:44 PM

wantmyfreedom is on a distinguished road

I think we have more in common than you think. An online truce sounds great.

My ex accused me of DV towards him. Like you I walked into court with about 15 exhibits to support my case. To this day i have never belittled his character to our children. I love my children more than the conflict that we shared at the time. Funny thing is I still love the man I married not the one I divorced.

He decided to make a couple of kids with another woman while we were married and created false allegations against me when he got caught. He was my highschool sweetheart. I gave him 20 years of my life.

I almost got charged and I was humiliated in front of family, friends, and co-workers. Luckely we had a nanny at home at all times and his account of the alleged abuse took place while she was there. My employment records also placed me at my job while the "incident" took place.

Remaining calm, intelligent, and civil in court was the ticket to a new life. He was the one who walked in with no evidence and just lies. To add to everything else he lied about his income, our assets, and moved up our separation date back 7 years. Thankfully I had our CRA records to show we were still married and doctor's records to show were still intimate.

I respect your journey. For me, getting therapy was the best thing I did for my family. Letting go is the hardest thing to do after so much emotional investment. Maybe that's why some of your posts are so emotionally charged. It hurts when you're accused of doing something so inhumane.
Closed Thread