Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 04:32 PM

EqualParent is on a distinguished road
Default Custody statistics - stay-home parents vs dual working parents

Someone suggested that there are more shared parenting arrangements order by the courts when both parents are working.

I often read people stating that only 80-90% of assignment of custody ends up being effectively sole custody for the mothers. Is there any more info on the breakdown of these numbers. I'm very interested to see what the percentage is for joint/shared custody assignments for dual income families.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:10 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

google power...

JustResearch no.12
Old 05-25-2010, 05:19 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fcy-...nlsc-elnej.pdf
Old 05-28-2010, 10:42 AM

bayleaf is on a distinguished road

Anything more recent than 1999 on custody awards by age, gender, marital status, or income?

Anybody keeping a list of cases in which the court addresses parental alienation? I know there are a few good ones and in my view they really speak to the damaging effects of the adversarial process itself.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayleaf View Post
Anything more recent than 1999 on custody awards by age, gender, marital status, or income?

Anybody keeping a list of cases in which the court addresses parental alienation? I know there are a few good ones and in my view they really speak to the damaging effects of the adversarial process itself.
Although improving and free...Canlii is limited. Significant judgement's are released and never make it to be published for whatever reason....
Old 05-31-2010, 06:45 PM

got2bkid is on a distinguished road

For those interested, I did find something more recent. It is from Stats Canada, in 2009, 14% of divorced have shared custody and 5% had split custody. The remainder is broken up into sole and joint custody, but as expected, the majority of joint custody cases live with the mother (per report). This reflects how many children LIVE primarily with one of the other parent. Joint custody, as often quoted, is misleading if you are interested in where the children live. For instance, my husband has joint, but his kids live 3000 miles away. Most "joint" live with mom still with dad visiting EOW. True shared parenting still has a long way to go.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2bkid View Post
For those interested, I did find something more recent. It is from Stats Canada, in 2009, 14% of divorced have shared custody and 5% had split custody. The remainder is broken up into sole and joint custody, but as expected, the majority of joint custody cases live with the mother (per report). This reflects how many children LIVE primarily with one of the other parent. Joint custody, as often quoted, is misleading if you are interested in where the children live. For instance, my husband has joint, but his kids live 3000 miles away. Most "joint" live with mom still with dad visiting EOW. True shared parenting still has a long way to go.
Please share your link for updated statistic.
Closed Thread