Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweb13 View Post
If everyone said there was nothing you can do with a huge problem then you would never get anywhere. I know that my case is no different, and probably a lot less bad than others but if we stand divided then we are 1 voice. What have any of you done to improve the situation? I am just starting to work on this and its a long battle, I am hardened by dealing with it but I gotta go forward. If anyone wants to discuss their issues with false allegations with CAS then I want to hear it. We gotta have action now. I don't want to be having the same conversation in 10 years with people about how there is a problem and nothing has been done.
I am complete agree with what fireweb13 said. Fortunately I did not deal with CAS yet except one phone call from them asking my side of story. So I do not have really anything from my experience but if something I can do let me know I will try to help within my capacity and abilities ....
Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Thank you Working Dad. Once I compile a few people, hopefully lots of people's stories we can go from there. I think that the main priority right now is getting a listing of people who this has happened to, and getting their stories and hopefully some of the documents they have about their situation. The main thing I felt when I met with a supervisor at CAS is that even though there are lots of false allegations, they have nothing in Common. They do have something in common, and that is trying to sever a relationship between child and parent, and trying to get a step up in Family court. I am looking for anyone who is willing to work with me, and the more feedback be it good or bad, and I do need the bad stuff because it will help us be stronger and have a better arguement. Thank you
Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 AM

Pierre is on a distinguished road

Fireweb, I feel your pain. My situation is not quite as dramatic as yours but I'm fed up with the CAS. Being told different things by different people, talked to in a condescending way, actually lied to I learned today and accused of being a bad influence on my kids and threatened that I'd would not see my kids. If there's anything I can do to help your cause, contact me. I'd love to take these people down a few notches.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:25 AM

Lorac is on a distinguished road
Default Children's Aid

Try the After Foster Care Coucil, it's run by John Dunn. There are many on this site I'm sure could also help you. John is a former foster child (now adult) that can give you a wealth of info.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:04 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

I'm not a lawyer, or a judge. But it seems pretty clear a child being exposed to rape kits (on several occasions, no less!), is not in the best interest of the child. Seems to me thats a good starting point - 'the best interests' test.

Unfortunately, that is NOT child abuse. Child abuse is physical. Emotional abuse to a child is NOT a crime. I found this out as my ex's new husband likes to tell my son that I don't love him. Not a goddamn thing I can do about it through CAS or the police. Brutal.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 PM

My ex and her boyfriend tell our daughter that he is her real daddy. Nothing we can do really right.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:55 AM

karmaseeker is on a distinguished road

Giving false allegations boils my blood!

These women should be ashamed of themselves!

Great parenting there - your daddy's a pedophile - that's not going to screw a kid up for life at all.

GRRRRR !@#$%^^%$#
Old 07-26-2011, 01:00 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post
Giving false allegations boils my blood!

These women should be ashamed of themselves!

Great parenting there - your daddy's a pedophile - that's not going to screw a kid up for life at all.

GRRRRR !@#$%^^%$#
yea
I think anyone who did such thing should loose parental rights for life (I am not sure that there is such things in Canada)
Old 07-26-2011, 09:37 AM

The problem being that CAS just chooses to stop investigating when they realize that its false. Then they say that they cannot confirm any abuse but they cannot prove it false either and let it stay at that, and then your ex can use that and place the idea of doubt into the courts head for an advantage. CAS refuses to look into the problem of why an allegation is being made.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 PM

karmaseeker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweb13 View Post
If everyone said there was nothing you can do with a huge problem then you would never get anywhere. I know that my case is no different, and probably a lot less bad than others but if we stand divided then we are 1 voice. What have any of you done to improve the situation? I am just starting to work on this and its a long battle, I am hardened by dealing with it but I gotta go forward. If anyone wants to discuss their issues with false allegations with CAS then I want to hear it. We gotta have action now. I don't want to be having the same conversation in 10 years with people about how there is a problem and nothing has been done.

I feel the same with the whole damn system - (sorry rather snarky as of late) I'm sick of seeing people get shafted.

What did I do?
~Wrote to the PM, every single MP and a handful of appropriate MPP's.
~wrote to The Globe and mail, the star, McLeans.
~Started a dad's rights page to post new articles.
~Signed every petition that comes my way.

I alone won't change the world but I'll do all that I can to try to change it.
Closed Thread