Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2014, 05:49 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Or how a person can just go into the court house, sign a form for money "owing", have it notarized and filed for collection with FRO and its not even the proper amount as per the agreement filed with FRO.
Really? Wish it were that easy to go in to a court room, sign a paper saying "hey, mom left with my child, force her to go 50/50 until we sort this out". (if no police, no abuse verified, no CAS, etc).

This whole CS thing isn't going to get any funner is it?
Old 10-02-2014, 05:53 PM

movingON1975 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
This whole CS thing isn't going to get any funner is it?
Not until the day that a prominent MP or MPP with clout is involved in it directly, sees what a mess the system is, and then uses their personal power to affect positive change....
Old 10-02-2014, 05:55 PM

I'm guessing strongly worded letters from all of us wouldn't help.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:55 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

I don't believe that day will come. Its too prosperous to change - people are rewarded financially when they separate.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:05 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

IMO the reason the SYSTEM has not been up-dated is because there's no incentive to do so ... the courts are making tons of money off of our misery, so why would they want to change the status quo?

Would any of us have gotten married if we had known how unfair the family law industry is? Pick any poster in here and ask them how many professionals (so-called) are involved in their divorce case?

We are feeding these leeches with our children's inheritances, our retirement funds and our hard-earned savings.

Don't hold your breath waiting for some super MP to tackle this monster, it will never happen - there's too much money to be made by not fixing the problem.
Am I jaded ... yes!
Old 10-02-2014, 06:16 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Families that aren’t receiving their cs are likely on welfare or using food banks of some sort, and most of the rest of us are paying for those parents who decide not to pay support for their children. It is a serious issue for all of the provinces, and tracking down these parents should be a priority - but at what cost?

The article says there is one staff person in BC for every 752 cases. Do we throw our tax money at FRO (and similar provincial entities), to increase the number of employees and track nonpayors down, while simultaneously throwing tax money into the welfare system to keep the recipient families surviving until payment is received? [and how hard are they looking? one of the nonpayors is easily found on facebook!] Is anyone here looking to have their taxes increased to pick up the slack for these nonpaying parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Deadbeat moms across Canada owe more than $3.7B hours of make up time for access and court costs -- LF32 News.

About time they get a site dedicated to them.
The article is non-gender specific. Why would you interpret it otherwise? The last time the site “good parents” was posted and discussed on this forum, there were several pictures of non-paying mothers. In addition, we have several posters here (fathers), who are continually dealing with nonpayment from their exes.

Beachnana’s idea might work if: (1) all income was declared and (2) we were all willing to waive privacy rights and allow information to be shared, but I’m not comfortable with that concept. On the other hand, if there are any further reports released about the government monitoring our phone calls, emails, etc., maybe they have all the information already!
Old 10-02-2014, 06:38 PM

Just straying a bit off topic to those "deadbeat dad" sites. Just think it would be suiting to have a "deadbeat moms" site for those who deny access to their fathers. Or other deadbeat dad sites that deny access to the mother's.

I just think deadbeats can acquire that label for more reasons than money. (although Im cognizant money is important).
Old 10-02-2014, 06:45 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

But its not a deadbeat dad site. Its a deadbeat parent site.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:50 PM

Straittohell is an unknown quantity at this point

Mcdreamy, LF32 is making a bit of a sweeping generalization by attributing custody shenanigans to women, but they do constitute the majority, and do get a way with it easier. Nothing wrong with recognizing it.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:50 PM

Illinois Deadbeat Parents

I mean all we have to do is count female to male ratio. Yes Im generalizing but c'mon. They're basically dad sites.

Like I said .. I was straying off topic.

Should have a site like this with pictures of parents who deny access to other parents for no good reason. I wonder if the ratio would change?

Last edited by LovingFather32; 10-02-2014 at 06:55 PM.