Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 02:35 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Sorry you have had a hard time Scared and Confused.

You may wish to start your own thread about CAS if you have concerns. This thread is almost four years old and many of the people on it may have moved on.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:36 PM

ScaredandConfused is on a distinguished road

Oh that's ok, I just saw it while posting a more serious topic in another category... Perhaps someone might get some insight from it if they come across it like I did.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredandConfused View Post
Oh that's ok, I just saw it while posting a more serious topic in another category... Perhaps someone might get some insight from it if they come across it like I did.
Fair enough.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 PM

Gordy is on a distinguished road

While I have never experienced anything with CAS, I know a couple that has. Bottom line, try to avoid dealing with them at all costs, they are an evil organization. They are funded according to their case loads, so it's in their interest to keep stuff ongoing whether it's warranted or not. This organization should have been shut down year's back, evil, evil place.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 AM

lplp is on a distinguished road

I had similiar experiences with cas,fire dept was called falsly to our house,so police got involved ,officer spoke to me and asked what was going on,so i started telling him the story of her bipolar episodes and coast was involved on several occaisions also, he said i will handle things from now on..

cas was called in,spoke to each of us ,the worker could see the problem and said he would do anything possible to help, -- wrong I was a male so i was on wrong side of the wall ,doing all the right things.
Gave me the thrid degree ,threatened to take my daughter out of house unless i found a place for her temp. I found a place at a freinds house ,.
The worker said that ex has all kind of mental issues to me and tried to get her to the dr. ,even said she followed her and waited for her to go ..her hands were tied and she couldnt help me anym ore ,she said you are doing the right things about keeping your daughter safe .
Kids were interviewed at school etc. the worker did actually nothing ,tried to ask what i can do ,and nothing ,just some suggestions for agency's .
They sent a letter to say they investigated per the worker, I did not see this letter and requested a new one,never received it.
Never call cas on your selves unless the situation is threatening to your children .
Things can be handled by yourself better than an agency that doesnt care.

In my forms ,there is a spot for cas involvement ,i checked it for the courts and signed a waiver for courts to ask there involvement.
That was the first time they were involved.
Second time was my ex phoning from hospital and saying I was an alcoholic.The same worker investigated ,she found nothing wrong ,closed the case and sent a letter saying they investigated a complaint from ex about alchol and found nothing wrong. I was furious at this letter and phoned her up and complained about her, I said you know the problem ,you know what i do ,and this is what you put in the letter.. they dont care .