Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 PM

WorriedDad is on a distinguished road
Default CAS is a waste of time

Children's Aide Services is a waste of time, at least that's been my experience. I posted a topic on here how I had credible reason to believe there was abuse going on in my ex wives house and that I reported it to CAS. CAS assured me the report would remain anonymous and they would handle it as if a neighbour reported the issue.

What happened is my daughter told my girlfriend that her mother and new boyfriend were hitting each other. I talked to CAS and they asked if my daughter was experiencing any issues. I stated that nightmares were on the rise of late but that I wasn't sure it was related. I had requested that CAS not let my ex know it was me who called or that my daughter told my girlfriend about the possible abuse occuring in order to protect the trust my daughter had with my GF. CAS assured me the report would remain anonymous and they would handle it as if a neighbour reported the issue. I get a call from my ex mother in law asking how dare I call CAS over some nightmares.

I have called the case worker for answers but as of yet have not reached her. I am just fuming mad.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:13 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Your daugther probably told your ex, or had it coerced from her by your ex or her boyfriend. The CAS doesn't divulge referral sources.

What did the CAS do?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:49 PM

My daughter has not been at my ex's in a few weeks, so no she did not divulge the info to my ex. CAS has done nothing as of yet other then apparently "laugh about it" with my ex.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

how horrible!! It's possible that they figured out who called from the information provided. who else would know about her having nightmares but the few people who care for her?

How did you find out they knew??
Old 11-16-2009, 04:20 PM

it is certainly possible they figured it out on that, but it begs the question of why are the nightmares the relevant issue and not the reports of violence?

I found out they knew because my ex mother in law called to yell at me about it.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:21 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Probably they are trying to ignore the abuse or they weren't given the full information from the report. You can't let her get to you. What you did was best for your daughter.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 PM

canniiee is on a distinguished road

their probably just guessing its you, I highly doubt that CAS would divulge who the source is. I'm surprised they even took names, I've called CAS about my step-daughter like 3 times and they never take names, I don't think they've even opened a file, I even called yesterday regarding my daughter and no names were taken and I was calling regarding possible sexual abuse......
Old 11-18-2009, 09:08 AM

They apparently were just fishing. I spoke with the ex mother in law last night and she admitted she had no idea who called.

Sexual abuse and they took no names? take it higher...
Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 PM

About_Time is on a distinguished road

CAS won't give out names, but they offer so much information about the nature of the complaint that it's very easy to figure it out. They will say things like "We had a complaint from a parent at the school (CLUE) who was concerned because their daughter (CLUE) is the same age (CLUE) and in your son's class (CLUE) and they have talked about this issue with you several times before (CLUE)".
Old 06-11-2013, 02:27 PM

ScaredandConfused is on a distinguished road

They told her... Go with your gut... I had CAS investigate an issue and then not only did they not fully investigate (medical records etc...). They then sent out letter for both lawyers to get saying that I called to make a report and that I made false allegations... My situation went straight downhill from there, courts tore me a new one... I followed up with CAS asking why they didn't look into medical records, factual information etc... in a letter. They reneged their investigation findings based on this information, and could not say for sure why the worker didn't record the information on file during the investigation, and then went on vacation immediately following the letter and closing the file, then going back on vacation after I had the court provide mutual consent to have the complete CAS disclosed. CAS then forgot ;-) or didn't feel it was necessary to provide a similar update letter of findings to anyone involved (except me which was very poorly written and skimmed underlying issues). I guess eventually the truth will come out at trial, but my life and my children's situation has been severely affected by this "simple / accidental oversight" in the interim.