Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM

temporalcat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebie View Post
Gee I think i need a group for Family Reform of Construction because I paid too much for the expertise of my builder (in my opinion).

And maybe Family Reform of Auto Mechanics because they charge a lot too and I don't feel like paying.

Let blame lawyers and judges because they work in the system ...one bad lawyer makes the entire system wrong.

Expertise costs money. Information costs money. Ask any librarian.
The system is broken - Family Law is a hideous area to even talk about - you can't please anyone without pissing off everyone else.

As far as I'm concerned the crux of the problem are two (or more) adults who can't get it together to be reasonable. Emotions get in the way. Revenge wants in too.

There needs to be discussion about finding a better way forward. Right now the Family Justice System in Canada hurts families.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 PM

staysingle is on a distinguished road

The existing system is way beyond repair or 'adjustment'. The family courts are working as designed and planned...to bilk Canadian families of their wealth.

We will look back at this mess ( I think sooner than later.....the ground is swelling with Canadian men and women ready to explode over this) with the same puzzlement on why we allowed smoking in hospitals.

We need to begin discussion surrounding an alternative model. This link by a senior, well respected family law lawyer makes the most sense to me

What do you think? The Flaw in Family Law | The Mark
Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 AM

Ace is on a distinguished road

Hey "Stay single" that article is the real deal. Can you post it on the Canadian Families for Law Reform facebook page?
When things do not work well most people just complain. It is important to take the next step and that is dialogue towards discovery of a solution.
Status quo must go!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM

We have another monthly meeting WEd Mar 7th in Pt Edward (by Sarnia) at the Tourist information Building 1455 Venetian BLVD at 7:00. Everyone is welcome. This is your chance to hear/share stories, plan protests, create media attention to the plight of families caught in the clutches of Family court. Bring it to your community and make a difference.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 AM

Fed-UP! is on a distinguished road

Awesome, read it, dead on. Lets get a big Rally happening, decent hard working fed up Canadians, fighting for justice. Spread the word. I think we should just continue cases until the end of time. Self Rep, and if morons want to pay Aholes for pushing the same paper, let them fk up. I ain't playing in this system no more.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 AM

Fed-UP! is on a distinguished road

Ok so we're all here .... a lot of us bitching about the same things. HOW DO WE CHANGE THIS FKD UP SYSTEM.... protest, start a new legal advice system, string the system along for years....What??? write thousands of letters to parliement.... what can we do. I figure the longer I take in my case, the better off I will be. self Repped... for a while it works. even if I lose the odd one in court for costs... I'm still ahead. but its all BS. so How do we change gthis system?<!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM

Our web site (Canadian Families for Law Reform) has lots of links, forms and email addresses. You can help by filing complaints to the law society to media and/or to members of parliment. Have a look
Old 12-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Dieseldude4 is on a distinguished road

The system is certainly broken and provides avenues for people to take advantage of the system, but no-one forces the individuals to take advantage of the system, they make a personal choice to do so. The system needs to be streamlined and allow for quicker access to the Courts, I would prefer to have a small jury rule on my family law matters rather than a single person. Because men are still typically the primary income earner, this doesn't make a man incompetent or inferior as a primary caregiver.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 PM

Thumbs down

Thanks for your input. It is a real disaster for some families. The adversarial approach of trial does not work. It leads to winners and losers. The families lose the lawyers win and often one partner or the other is devistated. Terrible outcomes.
I had a brain fart on my last post. I meant to say Canadians for Family Law Reform. There is a web site and a face book page. I saw the guy who runs the face book page tonight while we were grocery shopping. AS to join our group on face book. Lots of activity in Sarnia. A real circus. They know we are around. We stay within the laws and are respectful. Good bunch make up of men and women fighting to get out of the quagmire of Family court. We have assisted many in firing there lawyers, self reping and promote mediation as much as we can. They will bleed you dry then move on to the next unsuspecting victim.
Closed Thread