Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2017, 03:39 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
because if the children are happy and thriving in the current regime, then why should that regime be changed? What has changed (since the regime was implemented) that now makes it better for the children to be in a 50/50 arrangement?

But then again, you likely wouldn't be in this situation if 50/50 was automatic in the first place.

Right. Exactly. And I would fully expect my husband and I to share 50/50 of our child if we were to divorce. I know he would want it.
But isn't it a fair question then for ANY parent - children are happy and thriving in the current regime so why change it? I don't think you need to have CAS level involvement either to have questions or doubts about changing a routine that is working or to feel like change could negatively impact your kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 04:09 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

I am interested to know if people think this case is fair or if the judge erred in denying the dad his 50/50:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onca/do...ocompletePos=1

I have brought it up before but am interested in what people think of this case.
Sorry I don't know how to paste parts of it in isolation.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:37 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
I happen to agree and that's the point I was trying to make but maybe you can get the point across better... doubt it though...in

A healthy debate isn't attacking people every time they disagree with your points but that's what's happening over and over again.

Oh well... it their thread, I will continue to scroll past the majority of posts and find the little case law littered throughout.

Berner... Pointing out inconsistencies in stories is much different than attacking someone.

Like Jeff said... Better here than in court.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:40 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Berner... Pointing out inconsistencies in stories is much different than attacking someone.

Like Jeff said... Better here than in court.

Honestly LF... it's not about you pointing them out, it's how you do it. But it doesn't matter because you can't see the other side of the coin and how you contribute to most the bickering because you think people have inconsistencies.

I just wish his thread was more than it is, but hey it's you're thread and you have to empty your inbox ever two days because so many people are messaging you.

I will say again, I enjoy the case law but I don't enjoy that constant negativity and put downs, that's just my personal opinion

Old 01-31-2017, 07:30 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

LF32!!!! No!!! You're doing it again!!

Can you please..

Just ignore and post case law. Stop getting spiraled in.

Please? Bigger picture? Eye on ball?

Last edited by trinton; 01-31-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange71727 View Post
Right. Exactly. And I would fully expect my husband and I to share 50/50 of our child if we were to divorce. I know he would want it.
But isn't it a fair question then for ANY parent - children are happy and thriving in the current regime so why change it? I don't think you need to have CAS level involvement either to have questions or doubts about changing a routine that is working or to feel like change could negatively impact your kids.
Don't need to think like that. Things change for the better all the time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
LF32!!!! You're doing it again!!

Can you please..

Please? Bigger picture? Eye on ball?

I know you want to covince everyone who is against shared custody(usually parents seeking sole custody) to be for shared custody but thats no different than someone trying to convince you against shared custody.

Perhaps you don't want people(usually fathers) to fall for some of the silly arguments made against shared patenting? Maybe even get fooled by them? Let them make those arguments in court. I beg of them to do so.

Just ignore and post case law. Stop getting spiraled in.
Bahhh...I gave in to Berner's negative bait. lol My bad.

It's real funny Trinton. Posters like Berner and Stripes watched certain posters derail my threads and attack my character, call me a catfish, etc for 3 years. A lot of the time they tried to poke holes in my own story and tried to be right instead of help. They sat, watched and didn't say a word. Can you say..."hypocrite"? lol

The moment I find an inconsistency in somebody's story they come out in full effect. Mr T was always right about the possee. Ahh well.

I would move on and address Ange's post but I feel like I'll get bombarded, saying Im a bully, etc by the possee. So even though I do have some responses and advice to her (since she stops by here very often), I'll keep it to myself for now so the insults against me can stop.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Bahhh...I gave in to Berner's negative bait. lol My bad.

It's real funny Trinton. Posters like Berner and Stripes watched certain posters derail my threads and attack my character, call me a catfish, etc for 3 years. A lot of the time they tried to poke holes in my own story and tried to be right instead of help. They sat, watched and didn't say a word. Can you say..."hypocrite"? lol

The moment I find an inconsistency in somebody's story they come out in full effect. Mr T was always right about the possee. Ahh well.

I would move on and address Ange's post but I feel like I'll get bombarded, saying Im a bully, etc by the possee. So even though I do have some responses and advice to her (since she stops by here very often), I'll keep it to myself for now so the insults against me can stop.
Lol you caught my post before I editted some parts out.

The real irony is she keep responding you and attacking you and claiming that you're attacking others. Regardless of how many times you say you're not.

Ever heard of the one legged duck? The one that tries to swim in water? You know what happens? It goes in circles.

Would like to see more case law of eow parents securing shared parenting. Let's stop the non sense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 08:47 PM

50/50 isn't for everybody .. point blank.

Enscrolled doesn't have 50/50 and we had a nice chat. I agreed her situation was working fine without it and thanked her for her input, stating that I want to hear both sides. I'm not attacking anyone who doesn't believe in 50/50...complete BS.

If a poster comes on here and "poo poo's 50/50" in her case...that's also fine, it's not for everybody. What gets my attention is when they say things like:

1. "I can see the effects of the other's parents harm on my children"
2. "My children are happy and thriving"

Why is it so outlandish to point these things out? More importantly, how is it considered an attack on a poster? I never said she was a terrible person for not wanting 50/50. I've said nothing about her character.

In fact if you look through the thread .... I say that "Ange doesn't seem like a terrible parent nor does she sound like a bad person". That's within the first few pages of this thread. I believe Ange herself has stated that she finds the thread informative. She's interpreting things constructively and she knows full well it could be helping her predict what her ex may say or do in court.

I personally give Ange props for her return visits to get more juicy facts. Good for her. Very mature and SMART.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:53 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

^^^^

Wow.