Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2017, 09:03 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Judges go over so much criteria to asses 50/50 shared parenting.

This parent claimed she had been the primary caregiver, that the kids needed stability ... even used the fact that she didn't have her license so could not facilitate driving.

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc...&resultIndex=8

Still, the judge looked at the "Maximum Contact Principle" and made statements like:

I see a lot of parents storming on here saying "I've never denied him access, I just don't want to give an opportunity for an equal relationship.

Just so you know ... that doesn't fly,

For example,

I've been trying to highlight the points below as well as it touches on bonds, attachments, etc:

It's not about one parent feeling "ripped off" of time or decisions. That self-entitlement garbage needs to go out the window. It's about the kids.

The children have the RIGHT to experience that normal living with their father.

I agree.

EDIT: For the record, I've spoken about surreptitious recording on this site for nearly 3 years. So no .. it wasn't directed towards one poster .. it was to all parents who do it or consider it. Moving on.....
I'll refer back to this post to get back on topic.

Surreptitious recording has been discussed at length .... I think we can venture on to a new topic.

If you're here just to attack my character or derail the thread.. please move along. If you have something to add about 50/50 .. please do.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 01-16-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:19 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

I see you have edited out your previous post (perhaps at the advice of the mods) while I was typing mine LF.

Mods, please edit my post if you find it inappropriate given LF has edited his.

Since you continue to quote me in an intentionally INACCURATE manner. Here is the thread that you quoted only part of. Much like you say the judge accused your ex of doing. I guess you missed the part where I say that I'm trying to facilitate their relationship with their dad and the how my girls love and need him?

I was just asking if I should follow the doctor or the lawyer. I was new to the process and was scared for my daughter.

Quote:
My d11 has been diagnosed as having PTSD from my ex taking his personal belongings and leaving while the kids and I were away over night. Ex left a note explaining why our 12 year marriage was over and d11 found it and read it before I even knew it existed. We were all very blindsided.

My question is, the family doctor says my daughter should not be going to visits with her Dad as it is too stressful. Her Dad is pretty clueless when it comes to emotional issues but in the grand scheme of things, is a decent father. He has a hard time understanding D11's struggles and says she should "just move on".....D11 does not want to go on visitation.

D11 is in therapy which will include "reconcilliation counselling" with her Dad when appropriate. He is willing to attend with her.

Lawyer said that it is possible D11 is just trying to use it as a power play and that I need to send D11 on visitation.

Follow the doc's recommendation or the lawyer? D11 does not want to go. To complicate matters, ex is a 4rth year resident physician himself.

Thanks.
Then blink asks if the doctor made a report or a CAS call. NOT ME. I go on to discuss my ex in a positive light and say THAT I DON'T THINK THAT CAS IS NECESSARY.

I don't care if you quote me LF but don't do it in a selective way.

Here is my complete response from 2012.

Quote:
There is no order. There isn't even a legal agreement for visitation. I have just been trying to faciliate the relationship between my girls and their Dad. They love and need him but he has made some very selfish, very hurtful (to them) decisions.

I don't know if a call to CAS is needed as he didn't intentionally try to hurt the kids. She was terribly affected by the letter but I don't know if that could be characterized as abuse.

The doc would put her recommendation in writing if I asked.

Last edited by SadAndTired; 01-16-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:24 PM

Angie's situation is very relevant to this thread. And if you haven't noticed she stops by quite often and we chat about her 50/50 situation and we're having zero issues. You seem to have one with me though ... always.

I started this thread because any time 50/50 is mentioned in any thread...McDreamy tells us to come the political forums. So here we are. The interesting part is that we discuss 50/50 cases here, and Angie's is one of them. Try and get over it.

What does your post have to do with 50/50?

I've asked you politely to stay on topic.

Stop derailing with your nonsense and have a mature conversation.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 01-16-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:31 PM

Thank you for the PM's indicating your appreciation for this thread.

Most recently, Erin .. I'll get back to you later regarding your situation.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:19 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Show me one case where a recording was used in favor of the person that recorded.

I know of a case where mom was given slap on wrist for photographing the child.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There are many cases.

Rather than fill up this space with all of the various cases I selected this case which actually cites many other cases (admissible and non-admissible). This case presents a very good summary and it's not too old (2015).

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc...resultIndex=18

In the end this judge made a strong recommendation for trial: "...The Expert should not receive or review materials brought in by the parties, particularly presumptively inadmissible evidence such as surreptitiously recorded phone calls or hacked emails...."

I did not study the following case closely (rather used some key words to do a CanLii search, however, this case seems to show that taped conversations did indeed help the father:

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc...resultIndex=26

interesting....

One should note that I only did a cursory search of CanLii Alberta.

Last edited by arabian; 01-16-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
I thought you were trying for 50:50 custody but currently only have eow?

I was saying don't be discouraged with the fight for 50:50. Keep on trying and fighting but take comfort from the fact that your daughter will eventually realize (regardless of the eventual custody result) that you were always there for her no matter what.
Yes, that was my thought at one point, even if I lose, at least she will know how hard I fought for her. It's going to be interesting when she turns 12 anyways, kids generally at that age say that they love and want o see both parents equally (Assuming both parents are loving and have a good relationship with the child). I may not win today but I will eventually.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:48 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Thank you for the PM's indicating your appreciation for this thread.

Most recently, Erin .. I'll get back to you later regarding your situation.
quote lots of cases and studies. I've enjoyed reading them all so far.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:55 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Until your daughter is a preteen/teen traveling between homes. Your "experiences" are not the same as Ange's and I think you need to lay off her so you are not banned again.
My advice to the poster known as Angie... Abandon this thread and focus on the ones that you are the original poster for. There isn't much value in you contributing to this thread.

You don't need to defend yourself on an anonymous public forum. You have all the power to stop reading this thread and responding. Suffice to say, anything that comes as a result of you continuing to feed this thread by responding should not, in my humble opinion, result in anyone getting banned.

Everyone needs a thicker skin as Jeff points out quite well here:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...n-rules-20681/

Quote:
Note that someone disagreeing with you, or giving you advice that you don't like, or stating that your case is weak are not considered personal attacks, particularly if the disagreement, advice, or statement is backed up. You need to have a bit of a thick skin and accept that people have different points of view. Also, it is better that your argument get shredded here, than in court by a judge.
Wise words that many of the folks in this thread need hear again.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 01-17-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
My advice to the poster known as Angie... Abandon this thread and focus on the ones that you are the original poster for. There isn't much value in you contributing to this thread.

You don't need to defend yourself on an anonymous public forum. You have all the power to stop reading this thread and responding. Suffice to say, anything that comes as a result of you continuing to feed this thread by responding should not, in my humble opinion, result in anyone getting banned.

Everyone needs a thicker skin as Jeff points out quite well here:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...n-rules-20681/

Wise words that many of the folks in this thread need hear again.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Precisely. I'm not talking about how bad she is at her day job....I'm not attacking her gender (girlsplaining, etc)
.....I'm not doing any attacks. Just discussing 50/50 cases.....and she happens to be in one and posted about it....so it's free to discuss.....just as S&T often discusses mine. In fact I don't think she "laid off" me for the entire 3 years of threads. Taking ones own advice is needed sometimes.

Besides...the poster keeps stopping by and said she finds the thread informative.

I will always discuss cases on the net that are relevant.

I think it's clear by Jeff's thread who needs to lay off.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 01-17-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Precisely. I'm not talking about how bad she is at her day job....I'm not attacking her gender (girlsplaining, etc)
.....I'm not doing any attacks. Just discussing 50/50 cases.....and she happens to be in one and posted about it....so it's free to discuss.....just as S&T often discusses mine. In fact I don't think she "laid off" me for the entire 3 years of threads. Taking ones own advice is needed sometimes.

Besides...the poster keeps stopping by and said she finds the thread informative.

I will always discuss cases on the net that are relevant.

I think it's clear by Jeff's thread who needs to lay off.

I have no problem with you discussing it. I put my story out there as you say. Just get the facts straight. That's my only request! Taints a poster when facts are wrong or words are misrepresented. Just trying to present the most accurate picture in order to get the best advice here!
And yes I do find it informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk