Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2017, 01:33 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
They weren't curious why you were recording them asking bad things they heard at the other parents? I think we both know they knew what was up.

In any case, I wasn't referring to your case specifically. Many parents do this so it was a general statement.

They didn't see me record. And they were the ones telling me not me asking. I have said this also. We both know why you mentioned this though - general yet not... no worries though. I've explained why it happened and have said that it's not going to come out as evidence. End of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 01:35 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange71727 View Post
They didn't see me record. And they were the ones telling me not me asking. I have said this also. We both know why you mentioned this though - general yet not... no worries though. I've explained why it happened and have said that it's not going to come out as evidence. End of story.

So they were in mid-discussion with you, you went to a device, hit record and they didn't notice? lol My daughters would notice that in a heartbeat.

Anyways .. like I said, it was a general statement and not specific to your case.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
So they were in mid-discussion with you, you went to a device, hit record and they didn't notice? lol My daughters would notice that in a heartbeat.

Anyways .. like I said, it was a general statement and not specific to your case.

Guaranteed they did not notice.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:38 PM

Ange, kids are smarter than you think.

Anyways .. I don't really want to debate your situation and I think you've made it clear you don't either. (Yet you stop by this thread an aweful lot .. which is fine).

But if you feel upset by the topic please feel free to follow Jeff's or the mod
s advice of using the "ignore" function if you don't like the topic's, discussions or are taking things too personally.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Ange, kids are smarter than you think.

Anyways .. I don't really want to debate your situation and I think you've made it clear you don't either. (Yet you stop by this thread an aweful lot .. which is fine).

But if you feel upset by the topic please feel free to follow Jeff's or the mod
s advice of using the "ignore" function if you don't like the topic's, discussions or are taking things too personally.

I'm not upset at the topic at all. I am enjoying the thread. Lots of interesting info here and better now that it's not spotlighting my case in particular. I don't need to ignore you LF. Your recording comment relates to me and lots of followers know this from last week, so I just thought I'd clear that up. No worries at all. I know the specifics of my situation. I do have more questions about my case which I am going to ask later (on another thread). I understand how this works and know that whatever I say will be debated. It's fine. Like Arabian told me....I am getting a true picture of what questions I might face which is helpful. Back to your 50/50 chat now....

Old 01-16-2017, 01:55 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

iPhones all have voice memo. I have recorded an argument one time without the other party knowing. Legal in Canada as long as you are in the conversation and in person.

I could easily tape my teens without them knowing if I had my phone in my hand.

You simply are not an expert on everything LF. Get back to work!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange71727 View Post
I'm not upset at the topic at all. I am enjoying the thread. Lots of interesting info here and better now that it's not spotlighting my case in particular. I don't need to ignore you LF. Your recording comment relates to me and lots of followers know this from last week, so I just thought I'd clear that up. No worries at all. I know the specifics of my situation. I do have more questions about my case which I am going to ask later (on another thread). I understand how this works and know that whatever I say will be debated. It's fine. Like Arabian told me....I am getting a true picture of what questions I might face which is helpful. Back to your 50/50 chat now....

I'm glad you felt good about understanding what questions you might be asked in court based on this thread. It may even be helpful for us to analyze what answers you think are good.
Regarding the surreptitious recording... please know my ex did the same thing. Trust me... it's not all about you.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:33 PM

Oh LF, come on. This is not clever. It is a passive aggressive jab at Ange AGAIN.

Quote:
Say for instance.....recording your kids talk about things said and done at the other parents.
You weren't talking about your own situation. You said your ex taped you yelling at her and calling her names while your 2 year old could be heard crying in the background.

Quote:
Regarding the surreptitious recording... please know my ex did the same thing. Trust me... it's not all about you.
As I said. You are not talking about you. Definitely not the same thing at all!

Stick to your own story for everyone's sake.

Until your daughter is a preteen/teen traveling between homes. Your "experiences" are not the same as Ange's and I think you need to lay off her so you are not banned again.

Last edited by SadAndTired; 01-16-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
They will never have a true home base. The parents are separated. They will always have two homes. The only time they would have a true home would be in a birds nest arrangement.

I'm an every other weekend dad but my home is still communicated to be the child's other home. She may not be here as much as she is at her moms but it is still her home.
Trinton

I have been meaning to comment on this. I hope it comes across as positive as I intend it.

Both my daughters have made comments in the last little while about their EOW Dad's efforts. Now that they are older (12 and 15) they have come to recognize how much their dad tries to include them and make his place their home too.

They have each commented separately how much Dad tries and how they appreciate him. Your daughter may be too young to appreciate the efforts now but she will. Keep the faith.

Edited to add - I am not saying don't go for 50:50. Shared custody is obviouly the best. Just try not to discouraged. Your daughter will see your efforts.

Last edited by SadAndTired; 01-16-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:20 PM

Judges go over so much criteria to asses 50/50 shared parenting.

This parent claimed she had been the primary caregiver, that the kids needed stability ... even used the fact that she didn't have her license so could not facilitate driving.

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc...&resultIndex=8

Still, the judge looked at the "Maximum Contact Principle" and made statements like:

I see a lot of parents storming on here saying "I've never denied him access, I just don't want to give an opportunity for an equal relationship.

Just so you know ... that doesn't fly,

For example,

Quote:
The mother states that she has never denied the father access; while this is disputed, it is also largely irrelevant. This father wants regular, normal, parenting of his children; he does not want to be just a week-end Dad.
I've been trying to highlight the points below as well as it touches on bonds, attachments, etc:

Quote:
In any event, however, it seems obvious that children will establish a healthier relationship with a parent in circumstances which are not artificial; parenting only on the weekends is artificial since life is composed of weekday living as well as of weekend living. Weekday bedtimes, weekday homework, weekday chores are all part of normal living and the children have a right to experience that normal living with their father.
It's not about one parent feeling "ripped off" of time or decisions. That self-entitlement garbage needs to go out the window. It's about the kids.

The children have the RIGHT to experience that normal living with their father.

I agree.

EDIT: For the record, I've spoken about surreptitious recording on this site for nearly 3 years. So no .. it wasn't directed towards one poster .. it was to all parents who do it or consider it. Moving on.....

Last edited by LovingFather32; 01-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.