Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2017, 12:49 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Yes yes LF. Please go ahead on my story next. Way to focus on the 50:50 debate in a constructive manner!

As I have stated before, I took my daughter to our family doctor for a STOMACH complaint. It was the doctor who said it was stress related. I didn't mention CAS or abuse at all in my original thread LF. Blink asked me directly if CAS was called and I said I didn't think it was warranted. Post the whole thing or nothing. Selective quoting is stupid and easily refuted.

I came here looking for advice so I didn't overreact at the time. As you are in a helping profession, it is amazing to me that you would ridicule someone/anyone for reaching out for advice.

I am sure no one is interested but please go read my posts if you need further information. LF's paraphrasing and summary of my situation is as inappropriate as him bringing up Mr. Toronto's private life/childhood.

Last edited by SadAndTired; 01-12-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:01 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
This is a debate. I already know what her true reasons are. Her decision to ignore simple questions are alarming. I don't need answers to conclude my opinion. I have taken a few minutes and painted a pretty picture here. Have a look. Her posts are self explanatory.

I asked you to stop talking about me in this thread. Please take your misguided anger elsewhere. You are to be debating the issues in general not speculating about a poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2017, 01:18 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange71727 View Post
I asked you to stop talking about me in this thread. Please take your misguided anger elsewhere. You are to be debating the issues in general not speculating about a poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ange .. let me explain something to you.

You came to these forums (the world wide web) and aired out your story to the world about how you're denying 50/50 relationship. You've done and said some questionable things. Nobody here is attacking you. We're saying things that a judge may say also.

We're not all angry fathers here. A load of mom's came here disagreeing with you as well such as Len. Are mothers like her biased, angry and misguided also? No.

You're on a political forum now. It's a debate and we're debating examples (including yours) of 50/50 denials. You just happened to post a 50/50 situation on an open forum.

Instead of ignoring all of our q's perhaps you should take a stab at answering some to practice for court.

I started this thread about 50/50 relationships. YOU posted your case on the internet to discuss, so we're discussing it. Nobody's attacking you. There's no abusive language, name calling, etc... just going over your facts.

If you don't want to discuss it then:

a) you shouldn't have posted your personal life ;
b) you shouldn't keep coming back to this thread to plead your case (but without answering q's).

Ignore my thread if you don't like it.

Word of advice .. if you don't want public discussing things about your case...don't put it on the world wide web.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 01-12-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:12 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post

You came to these forums (the world wide web) and aired out your story to the world about how you're denying 50/50 relationship. You've done and said some questionable things. Nobody here is attacking you. We're saying things that a judge may say also.

I started this thread about 50/50 relationships. YOU posted your case on the internet to discuss, so we're discussing it. Nobody's attacking you. There's no abusive language, name calling, etc... just going over your facts.

Word of advice .. if you don't want public discussing things about your case...don't put it on the world wide web.
Yikes, my mansplaining detector just went to red alert. LF, let me give you a couplw of challenges. Can you go for an entire day, starting now, without explaining Ange's situation to her, telling her how she feels, and revealing her true motives, all in the guise of "answering her questions"? Can you attempt to not psychologize, trip up, or otherwise discredit Ange, for just one day? Can you read this post without writing back sadly about how you're really only trying to help and insinuating that I'm in league with S&T and/or a militant feminist?

Just one day. I challenge you.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Yikes, my mansplaining detector just went to red alert
Kind of belligerent, sexist thing to blurt out wouldn't you say?

"Man"splaining? Please try not to insult me suing my gender. I find it offensive. How feminist of you to come up with such a colorful term. I notice Stripes that you have a tendancy to always bring gender up in threads.

Quote:
Can you go for an entire day, starting now, without explaining Ange's situation to her, telling her how she feels, and revealing her true motives, all in the guise of "answering her questions"
I recall being ripped apart in my threads by you & S&T. I was told I was lying, that my ex was probably right, etc. Pot calling the tea kettle black? I'm male though so I guess rules change.
Ange's explaining her situation to "us", providing very few details and not answering any q's ... then she want no speculations. lol

She won't be able to hide from a judge, calling him an angry father who's speculative. Judge won't go for that.

Perhaps you can "girl"splain to me: (since you want to make this about gender)

Why did she keep 6 binders of bad parenting over 8 years, complaining of psychological harm to her kids, etc. She didn't contact any authorities nor try to reduce any access.

You going to throw that under the rug too? Hmm.

Yet she still allowed (almost an equal relationship) for all that time. Only when dad wants a bit more time does his monstrosities and mysterious binders full of notes come up. Perhaps I'll ask you then Stripes. You know why? Does it make sense to you? Is that responsible parenting if the kids are in such an unhealthy environment?

If it was a father on here doing/saying all this you'd have a different opinion on the matter, he'd be in shit for the recording, the 6 binders over 8 years, etc. For me...it's genderless.

Quote:
Can you read this post without writing back sadly about how you're really only trying to help and insinuating that I'm in league with S&T and/or a militant feminist?
Never been about gender for me. I don't use words like "Mansplaining" .. I'm guessing it means men cant explain things as good as women? Wow...lol ... me caveman!:

BTW .. I've tried to switch topics several times. She keeps coming back. Have you told her to ignore the thread yet? Because I won't be ignoring my own thread on a debate I'm very interested in....sorry.

If she wants to discuss things she can keep coming back. If she decides to stop contributing to this thread, we can stop discussing her case.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 01-12-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:36 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

LF32, just ignore everything else they say. The feminists are unraveling. Allow them. I love to hear what else they have to say.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:37 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

We're not all angry fathers here. A load of mom's came here disagreeing with you as well such as Len. Are mothers like her biased, angry and misguided also? No.

You're on a political forum now. It's a debate and we're debating examples (including yours) of 50/50 denials. You just happened to post a 50/50 situation on an open forum.

Instead of ignoring all of our q's perhaps you should take a stab at answering some to practice for court.

If you don't want to discuss it then:

a) you shouldn't have posted your personal life ;
b) you shouldn't keep coming back to this thread to plead your case (but without answering q's).

Very well explained. Thank you.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Very well explained. Thank you.
I thought so. When I first found these forums Stripes, S&T and the whole lot of them pretty much told me the same stuff. I could pull posts quite easily with all their speculations about me. (Your story doesn't add up, you must be lying, sounds too perfect, etc.)

They speculated the hell out of me to the point where they derailed 5-6 pages at a time "Telling me" what my situation was.

Funny how the tide changes.

Anyhow, I'd like to get back on topic.

So far we've learned that if a parent is almost at 50%, there's no abuse, kids are thriving .. that the other parent "shouldn't" give them an equal relationship...instead go in for a big, expensive court battle (over a day or 2 increase..over "speculations" that he's doing it for money). yuck

Very informative ladies .. thank you.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 01-12-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:50 PM

PeacefulMoments is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why did she keep 6 binders of bad parenting over 8 years, complaining of psychological harm to her kids, etc. She didn't contact any authorities nor try to reduce any access.

Yet she still allowed (almost an equal relationship) for all that time. Only when dad wants a bit more time does his monstrosities and mysterious binders full of notes come up. Perhaps I'll ask you then Stripes. You know why? Does it make sense to you? Is that responsible parenting if the kids are in such an unhealthy environment?
It is possible to make lots of bad parenting choices that don't rise to the level of an abuse conviction. While I still believe 50/50 is usually the best choice, and yes, many parents will rise up to the occasion, I have to say that if I truly felt the other parent made enough poor parenting choices I would probably want the majority of time also for the kids to have the more positive influence and stable and healthy environment the majority of the time.

While of course we cannot know in this particular case the true details it is certainly possible that the kids might be best served by the mother retaining the majority of time. The problem still remains of having some kind of objective evaluation of the situation when the parents don't agree on the time split.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
It is possible to make lots of bad parenting choices that don't rise to the level of an abuse conviction. While I still believe 50/50 is usually the best choice, and yes, many parents will rise up to the occasion, I have to say that if I truly felt the other parent made enough poor parenting choices I would probably want the majority of time also for the kids to have the more positive influence and stable and healthy environment the majority of the time.

While of course we cannot know in this particular case the true details it is certainly possible that the kids might be best served by the mother retaining the majority of time. The problem still remains of having some kind of objective evaluation of the situation when the parents don't agree on the time split.
Depends on who's evaluating the bad parenting choices. Warring spouses or ex's rarely are. Also ... no parent is perfect. It should take quite a bit of terrible stuff to deny a 50/50 equal relationship with your biological children.

Do you agree?