Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 03:19 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Thrilled that I could perk up your day RS!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:27 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggybanktoex View Post
Take the same circumstances, triple the man's salary and you would get a woman fighting for sole custody (higher CS), demanding he pay for her standard of living, quitting her job (for the kids), and demanding his T-4 every year. Worst & cynical case, I agree.
You walked into the response you got by generalizing every woman as being a CS ho. You would do well to recognize the fact that the vast majority of separations are negotiated amicably by the parties without the court's assistance.

For you to project your situation onto every woman in general and to this poster in particular, who appears to be down an amicable road like the majority, shows a remarkable lack of insight.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:37 PM

representingself is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
You walked into the response you got by generalizing every woman as being a CS ho.
Child support ho?? hahaha

First time I've heard that term...
Old 11-08-2010, 05:00 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Does that mean I am a CS sugar daddy?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:54 PM

piggybanktoex is on a distinguished road

First of all, reread what I wrote.

I think that the original poster is not going to have any major issues or problems, other than maybe emotional, in his divorce. They got the big hurdles covered by agreeing to 50-50 custody and making roughly the same incomes. Neither one, unless they are dangerous or insane, can threaten the other with court or ruin the other one's financial life. There is no leverage to do so. This will go a long way to keeping everyone civil as there won't be years of crazy support or no access to children to stir the pot.

My example of the same situation with different money involved wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. It was merely an example of what could happen in a situation where real money is at stake.

I choose to not respond to the "ladies" and their name calling. Their words say more about them that I could ever say. And I'm the bitter one?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:08 PM

piggybanktoex is on a distinguished road

Ah, I see,

I used the word "would" instead of "could" when referring to a possible action by a woman (or even a man) in my first posting on this thread.

I certainly do fully apologize for the unintended slur on women.

I don't hate women (I do dislike my ex extremely) and I do not like the divorce laws that nearly ruined me and allowed my ex to help wreak my career.

I merely was pointing out that some people do abuse the fact that they can get others to pay their way or a great part of it by applying the letter of the law to enrich themselves rather that the spirit of a law meant to allow a new start for all concerned.

I remember now why I stayed away from this place for a while. Too many trigger issues for me here.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 PM

ConfusedInAB is on a distinguished road

I think that's part of the problem... A lot of trigger issues for almost everyone. Most of the other forums I frequent are running related, and the worst you get there is whether you should do your runs based on heart rate or a specific pace...

C
Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 PM

InterprovincialParents is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to InterprovincialParents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Legally she could be having sex with five men and a dog and it wouldn't mean a thing. You could file for divorce a little sooner, but you would still have to settle everything with the kids and equalization etc.
Too funny...you forgot that the dog would be a criminal offense!! lol (sorry, I could not get past that...back to reading the post...)

IP
Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 PM

representingself is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggybanktoex View Post
My example of the same situation with different money involved wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. It was merely an example of what could happen in a situation where real money is at stake.
"an example of what could happen in a situation where real money is at stake"....

As opposed to what.... Canadian Tire money?

Not surprised to see such an arrogant comment from you... with your $200,000/yr payment to your ex..

Just because other people don't make the same hordes of money as you do Pig, doesn't mean that their money is any less important to them..
Old 11-08-2010, 09:22 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

RS, did you take funny f**cker pills this morning? Your posts are seriously cracking me up. I'm pretty sure it's wrong that I'm still LOL'ing at 'Pig'.
Closed Thread