Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM

sara_hossain is on a distinguished road
Default someone new..

hello everyone..

i am a student and i'm 23. i had heard about this forum from a friend.. thought i should join as well as i need some serious help, support and advice. basically i'm on my own. none of my friends or family is supporting my decision of getting a divorce and moving on with my life..

hoping to get to know you guys.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Welcome Sara! This group is filled with people willing to help! There are many well versed people here that will give you all the advice you can.

First piece of advice...don't get offended if some comments come off as harsh... a lot of the time nothing is sugar coated, members get straight and to the point...not to be mean, but to give you the most straightforward advice without you having to read between the lines.

I am only 21, my bf is currently going through a divorce, so we are all here for different reasons!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:32 PM

Thank you so much Berner_Faith!

I have heard so many hurtful and hateful words from my family and friends regarding this I don't think anything would make me upset or offend me at this point. So that's all good. And I won't feel bad about it, rather appreciate all the straight forward advice and comments because it's sugar coating that made my life miserable.. for the last 4 years I told myself it will be okay, I can do this, I don't really have to be happy to live my life..but enough of that.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:36 AM

ddol1 is on a distinguished road

OMG! A lovely person like yourself and you are bad, bad, bad for wanting for yourself what you deserve........ a long, healthy and happy life - my mom is rolling over in her grave for your family not standing beside you at this time you are.....

Ok now I shall admit not every poster will get you, or understand what emotional issues you may struggle with from time to time and for why do I say hello, why I say, "Welcome to this forum" that has for all intensive puposes has become my family", the family that 9 times out of 11 trys and I can ask no more of a group of great people. One which I promised that if there was any way in which I could pay it back in some way..........

So I can fully relate to a family who well said to me (I have two sisters) "If you can't tell me good things about your divorce we do not want to here from......" So hate to say there is not a whole lot of fantastic about a hostile divorce and since they never were too much into discussing with the kids - they could do so directly but do not. So I think in the most important time I needed some family support - there is a desert.

So I forge on ahead - I do my best every day - and if my best isn't good enough for some.....I have no difficulty in admitting that I finally have taken the advice of some very important people in my life support group - to work a little bit more on me the person as I just don't have a whole lot more to give out at this time in my life. Better I take a little more care of me for a little bit so the kids CAN have a Dad, hopefully a better Dad, down the road.

So maybe take care of your kids, take care of yourself and hopefully your kids will have a much better mom from your efforts..........
Old 01-16-2012, 07:40 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddol1 View Post
OMG! A lovely person like yourself and you are bad, bad, bad for wanting for yourself what you deserve........ a long, healthy and happy life - my mom is rolling over in her grave for your family not standing beside you at this time you are.....

Ok now I shall admit not every poster will get you, or understand what emotional issues you may struggle with from time to time and for why do I say hello, why I say, "Welcome to this forum" that has for all intensive puposes has become my family", the family that 9 times out of 11 trys and I can ask no more of a group of great people. One which I promised that if there was any way in which I could pay it back in some way..........

So I can fully relate to a family who well said to me (I have two sisters) "If you can't tell me good things about your divorce we do not want to here from......" So hate to say there is not a whole lot of fantastic about a hostile divorce and since they never were too much into discussing with the kids - they could do so directly but do not. So I think in the most important time I needed some family support - there is a desert.

So I forge on ahead - I do my best every day - and if my best isn't good enough for some.....I have no difficulty in admitting that I finally have taken the advice of some very important people in my life support group - to work a little bit more on me the person as I just don't have a whole lot more to give out at this time in my life. Better I take a little more care of me for a little bit so the kids CAN have a Dad, hopefully a better Dad, down the road.

So maybe take care of your kids, take care of yourself and hopefully your kids will have a much better mom from your efforts..........
all good points but if you read another post she made, she doesnt have any kids.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 PM

thank you..
i am preparing to officially move forward and be free..

Old 01-19-2012, 09:48 PM

ddol1 is on a distinguished road

point taken - I admit i had just spent the majority of the evening with a couple who had younger children...... the issue of children was stuck in my thoughts. For this i do apologize to sara_hossain...... difficulty with family and should you need to find that support in other ways or forms - whatever will work in a person's life to make a positive outlook...... I personally got fully absorbed into the possibility to find that connection, the family that can be found sometimes right around the corner.
Closed Thread