Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM

Access Dad is on a distinguished road
Default Parties not permitted in DRO Conference

If any one has brought a motion to change recently in Oshawa, you should know that they don't allow represented litigants to be present inside the room for the Dispute Resolution Conference (DRO). I got up early, put on my best suit and when it was time for the conference to begin, they came out and said "counsel only please." I thought the lawyers went in to set up before they call us in. But, no, the lawyers conducted the entire conference without us in the room. I asked my lawyer why this was and she said that's the way they do it sometimes. Very suspicious of that kind of non-transparency.
Closed Thread