Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2014, 11:49 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy'sMom View Post
lol sorry, I guess I stated that wrong. I did take the children with me because the house and situation was not safe; but I did not refuse him access, nor would I ever.
Did you contact CAS? Instead of STEALING his child from him?

EDIT:

Again I disagree with what he is doing but we really need the WHOLE story.

This sounds like a payback from your ex.

SO my question is why can't you agree on 50/50?

Last edited by FB_; 05-05-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:01 PM

Stacy'sMom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
"Residence was signed over 'On Consent' under the provision and verbal agreement that our daughters residence would be signed back to me in 2012 after I returned to the area with my son."

Depending upon what the word "provision" means, OP might have written as well as verbal agreement. I'm not sure that verbal agreement alone would suffice.
He's recanted- said that the verbal agreement was ever made...

Right now, my court docs are seeking 'Joint' (which we already have) with all the final decisions being left to my authority (because he proven his in ability to coparent effectively through the years, and when I'm in 'control' things go better because I'm by the more reasonable of the 2 of us), and Split 50/50 Access on a two weekabout basis because he works continental shifts so he can have her 2 weeks he works days, and I can have her the 2 weeks he works nights.
Special Dates, holidays, etc added in for exact specifications; things like Halloween and new years eve rotate annually so that there is no need to worry about what day of the week/month those things fall on.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
Did you contact CAS? Instead of STEALING his child from him?

EDIT:

Again I disagree with what he is doing but we really need the WHOLE story.

This sounds like a payback from your ex.

SO my question is why can't you agree on 50/50?
I'm fine with 50/50 it's him who wants sole custody and to give me supervised access at child and parent place for 2-3 hours a week
Old 05-05-2014, 12:08 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
He's recanted- said that the verbal agreement was ever made...

Right now, my court docs are seeking 'Joint' (which we already have) with all the final decisions being left to my authority (because he proven his in ability to coparent effectively through the years, and when I'm in 'control' things go better because I'm by the more reasonable of the 2 of us), and Split 50/50 Access on a two weekabout basis because he works continental shifts so he can have her 2 weeks he works days, and I can have her the 2 weeks he works nights.
Special Dates, holidays, etc added in for exact specifications; things like Halloween and new years eve rotate annually so that there is no need to worry about what day of the week/month those things fall on.
A verbal agreement in these situations is never a good idea. If you want to be sure, get it in writing.

As to all final decisions, that really is sole custody. If you want that, you'd better be prepared to show how he has been able to co-parent, with examples. I'm sure he thinks he is the more reasonable parent.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I'm fine with 50/50 it's him who wants sole custody and to give me supervised access at child and parent place for 2-3 hours a week
Well, now you know how he felt when you did it to him.

Again it's not right but Karma has a way of coming back to bight you in the A$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy'sMom
Right now, my court docs are seeking 'Joint' (which we already have) with all the final decisions being left to my authority (because he proven his in ability to coparent effectively through the years, and when I'm in 'control' things go better because I'm by the more reasonable of the 2 of us)
So you are better than him... GOT IT loud and clear.

WOW...
Old 05-05-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
A verbal agreement in these situations is never a good idea. If you want to be sure, get it in writing.

As to all final decisions, that really is sole custody. If you want that, you'd better be prepared to show how he has been able to co-parent, with examples. I'm sure he thinks he is the more reasonable parent.

I can prove his unreasonable and inablity to coparent effectively for days on end with years of incidents, texts messages, emails, etc so that's not an issue by any means.

My concern would be validity of a claim that Sole Custody be awarded to me when ideally I would want the 50/50 split parenting schedule so that our daughter gets to have both of us in her life as much and as often as possible.

Would a judge look at me sideways for suggesting such an Order?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I can prove his unreasonable and inablity to coparent effectively for days on end with years of incidents, texts messages, emails, etc so that's not an issue by any means.

My concern would be validity of a claim that Sole Custody be awarded to me when ideally I would want the 50/50 split parenting schedule so that our daughter gets to have both of us in her life as much and as often as possible.

Would a judge look at me sideways for suggesting such an Order?
How can he be good enough to parent alone but not good enough to co-parent?

You sound like a control freak...Your way or the highway.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:24 PM

FB,

please take your emotional issues and your obvious need to project them somewhere else because this thread is not about you, nor is meant for those particular ahem needs...
Old 05-05-2014, 12:26 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

50-50 joint custody or 50-50 parallel parenting.

Right now he has status quo on his side. You signed over custody of him but now all the sudden he isn't able to make decision for your daughter because you are now able to take her more often?

You are going to have a very hard time convincing a Judge of that. Forget the sole custody...for either of you. Seek joint custody or look up parallel parenting and 50-50 access.

And for the sake of your daughter, stop treating her like a yo-yo.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
As your situation involves children you should consider using Our Family Wizard as a means of communication. Many people on this forum have found it useful.

One thing I have done over the years which has worked for me is insist my ex communicate with me through fax. For several years I refused to exchange emails. My ex would send hand-written letters to me. That way I was assured it was indeed him (and not the g/f).

Whichever way works for you. It sounds as though the My Family Wizard is a good thing as it is child-focussed. Someone on the forum says it is around 100.00 to sign up for it.

I'd strongly recommend finding the best way of communication with your ex which keeps the g/f out of things as much as possible. Perhaps consider having a judge order this at your upcoming PB hearing?
What exactly is this Wizard?

I'm actually going to be adding a motion for having a parenting coordinator put in place, and if possible some additional counseling/therapy for us so that my X can let go of the past and we learn to better communicate and perhaps, dare I say it, maybe even come to some kind of mutual respect