Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Anthony1940 is on a distinguished road

I completely understand, I hope you have the money to hire a lawyer. Preparing documents by a lawyer costs a lot of money. The Application is simple if you are the moving party, unless you want to wait on him to start the application. If you have any question I can help you, please let me know. Good luck. You sound like a good person who wants what is right.....
Old 11-05-2014, 12:34 PM

MovingON25 is on a distinguished road

I have some savings which I've avoided dipping into for bills so it looks like this will go to a lawyer- hoping it will be enough, I guess it depends how long this drags on for. I will instruct him to be fair and reasonable and hope my ex follows suit so we can get things done quickly. I have noticed since he contacted a lawyer the intimidation has pretty much stopped so I think he has had a reality check.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate you taking the time to reply & really hope I don't need more regarding self-rep!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Maybe mediation would be a good option here.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:33 PM

Anthony1940 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingON25 View Post
I have some savings which I've avoided dipping into for bills so it looks like this will go to a lawyer- hoping it will be enough, I guess it depends how long this drags on for. I will instruct him to be fair and reasonable and hope my ex follows suit so we can get things done quickly. I have noticed since he contacted a lawyer the intimidation has pretty much stopped so I think he has had a reality check.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate you taking the time to reply & really hope I don't need more regarding self-rep!
One word of caution:Lawyers do not care about anyone but their retainers. They promise people the world, but can not attain this goal as it depends on who the judge is. Retainers disappear fast. depends on his hourly rate, 5000 can last about 10 hours and to complete an answer to an application takes between 5 to 8 hours, imagine an affidavit. Good luck.