Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM

Unevenplayingground is on a distinguished road

Good for you!

We had a horrible experience with OCL, actually it was more the social worker my husband's son had. We actually never received a copy of the report, there was only a conference to advise us who the OCL and social worker decided his son could live with. Our lawyer advised us OCL tends to follow the social workers recommendations, as well as the judge, if it does go to court.

I would really be interested in hearing more about your case if you wouldn't mind sending me a pm?

I think some of our issues were we were out of province and our lawyer did not properly advise us of everything. As well our lawyer admitted later that she had not had a vacation in over three years and was overworked, things I wish I had of thought to ask in the beginning.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Greatmum is on a distinguished road

well now he is threatening an appeal Does anyone know how common these are? Are they moreso just threats? Do they have to have a reason to appeal? I cannot afford any more money on an appeal, being as I have not been handed any costs yet.

Funny enough, his threats are, if I dont give him what he wants he will appeal..what he wanted were what I offered in the offer to settle, that he declined..I am so upset by this.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM

it may be posted later, I am awaiting the final order, but now I am getting threatening letters saying if I dont give him what he wants, he will appeal.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM

no, I had a great lawyer, but I believe the truth prevails.....
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmum View Post
well now he is threatening an appeal Does anyone know how common these are? Are they moreso just threats? Do they have to have a reason to appeal? I cannot afford any more money on an appeal, being as I have not been handed any costs yet.

Funny enough, his threats are, if I dont give him what he wants he will appeal..what he wanted were what I offered in the offer to settle, that he declined..I am so upset by this.
How about you use search on the forum before ask question. Appeal discussed many times here and there is nothing new to add.

WD
Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 AM

Thanks WD, hey maybe we should perhaps have a notification on the front page saying this to all, or maybe wee should disallow any more posts. That may solve the problem?

On a side note, I did review and saw opinions that are a few years old, could you provide new ones as I know there were some changes in 2012, the beauty of law is that things change.

Have a terrific day.
Closed Thread

Tags
children lawyer, ocl