Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 11:28 AM

Bols2Dawall is on a distinguished road

Hi Dracombe .
I noticed on another thread you were seeking opinions regarding a second job for yourself . Hope you don't mind me throwin this out there but would it make sense , if it's even doable , to got a full time job in marketing or programming (those were the fields you have experience in , right?) and the navy would be the part time job . If this is possible wouldn't it give you the freedom to move around , make more money etc etc .
Old 01-20-2011, 03:58 PM

Dracombe is on a distinguished road

Right now I just resigned a 21 year contract with the military and career whise it is going exceptionnaly well so it would be a stupid move to loose all that. It is secured and well paid.

I probably don't need much to get by anyway. Just looked up my CS amount I would have to pay, 924$ a month...how many burgers a month would I have to flip to get that amount....lol

Thanks for the comment tho!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

I was going to suggest maybe looking into creating apps for smartphones or something. You would be in full control of your time committment, and you never know when some handy little tidbit goes viral and makes a good deal for you. Or the opposite could happen.

However, if you increase your income, you're looking at two things: an increase in the child support you pay, and an increased likelihood that your ex will want spousal support. So putting in extra time might not translate into all that much extra income. Not that supporting your children is bad, of course, but hopefully they will end up with you in Ottawa and you'll want your spare time to go to being with them.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:05 PM

Bols2Dawall is on a distinguished road

of course a little job under the table would be really nice too
Closed Thread