Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 11:29 PM

goosie77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
Two topics get people unreasonably riled up around here: new partners interfering in divorce proceedings, and undeserved spousal support.

And welcome.
Thanks.

See, but I never said I interfered in divorce proceedings, not once. Those were assumptions that people made and immediately started attacking me. I helped my husband fight her lawyer in court regarding issues involving the kids, because he couldn't afford a lawyer. Which is why in my OP I stated that maybe I'd be able to offer some advice if I continued my stay here.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:41 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Being upset over someone other than the ex being involved in divorce or child custody proceedings is certainly not unreasonable. Once you pay out tens of thousands in legal bills due to that sort of interference you will see how "reasonable" it is to be upset.

Goosie - you probably aren't getting the response you expected as this is a divorce forum. The divorce you speak of wasn't yours. It was your new partner's. The divorce happened before you met him.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:45 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Goosie - you probably have lots of good advice for people who are in your situation. I would encourage you to start a forum or if possible a sub-forum for "new partners of divorced" or "new step-parents."

Good luck and don't believe everything you hear - it took two people to make the marriage and it took two people to break it.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 AM

FaithandMorals is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosie77 View Post
Nope, not from Ottawa, hope that's OK!

I've been married to my husband for 2.5 years now, and it's been challenging to say the least. 90% of our issues stem from his ex and the ongoing nonsense concerning her and her trying to make his life a living hell. It's been very trying to say the least, but I tell myself to stick it out as best I can... partly because I was married once before and so I'm more committed to making things work this time. I'd hate to get divorced because of outside influences, and not because we actually can't stand each other, you know?

Anyways, I'm here for advice and maybe even to give a little if I can, as I successfully beat the ex's lawyer on 3 different occasions now in court (although unfortunately she's now hired a new lawyer who ISN'T a loser LOL ).

Glad to be here, thanks for having me!
Welcome aboard.

I hope you get advice to questions you ask about and you are able to help others. I have met people from this forum in real life and it has been helpful. I hope the same for you.

My life would be a lot easier if my ex found a new partner. Maybe we can arrange for my ex and your husband's ex to meet?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:04 AM

goosie77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Goosie - you probably aren't getting the response you expected as this is a divorce forum. The divorce you speak of wasn't yours. It was your new partner's. The divorce happened before you met him.
I'm not speaking about anyone's divorce, not to mention my husband's NON divorce since I already stated they were never married, and what happened between them years ago, I couldn't care less about. Point me to where I was talking about his divorce, please?

I joined because people on here are having issues in dealing with issues concerning children re: custody, CAS, going to court etc etc, so it's a resource in THAT regard. I don't give a crap about divorce, I'm not divorced, it's not an issue for me or for him or for his ex either.

The response I expected? How about "hi, welcome", rather than attacks based on assumptions that were incorrect? I guess that's out of the question on a DIVORCE forum?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:49 AM

Exquizique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
Two topics get people unreasonably riled up around here: new partners interfering in divorce proceedings, and undeserved spousal support.

And welcome.
Hear hear!

Welcome Goosie!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:43 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

There are a lot of ppl on here who are riled up, among other things, with good reason. Just saying
Old 07-04-2012, 10:08 AM

mumster1964 is on a distinguished road

you can tell by half the responses here why some of these people are divorced.

welcome
Old 07-04-2012, 10:31 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Ummm, last I checked it's called "Ottawa Divorce" forum. How astounding that many on here are in fact 'divorced' - what a strange coincidence.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:43 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Welcome Goosie77.

For those who have a negative of view of certain posters being here:

1 - The forum description says: "Visit our forum to discuss divorce topics with other people and to get answers to your questions. Some of the latest discussions in our community"

It does NOT say 'only for people who are currently divorcing - please prove that you are.'

2 - Divorce affects more than just the person getting divorced. I hardly think you'd give the same response to someone asking for/offering advice or looking to get a better understanding of what their family is going through if they were the child of a dissolving marriage. People have a right to ask questions and offer advice, regardless of how they are affected.

Is it so wrong that someone affected should want to get a better understanding of the divorce process simply because they are not the person actually getting divorced?

I would think that information from experienced people would be a value to the forum for what it is and not discounted based solely on the fact that the individual themselves have not actually been divorced. Information is information, regardless of the source.
Closed Thread