Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 06:25 PM

mothercourage is on a distinguished road
Default Hi everyone

I just heard about this forum on yesterday's broadcast of Asunder. Has anyone else been listening to it? I'm in the middle of a hostile custody battle and am getting discouraged by the never-endingness of it. Can anyone relate? I currently have full-custody, but my extremely hostile ex is gunning for shared time, even as he attacks me at every turn, making settlement difficult. I'm not sure what motivates this behaviour and it increasingly difficult to tolerate. I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this, but I'd like to hear how other cope.
P.S. I'm well aware of the questionable nature of my moniker's theatrical namesake
Old 08-17-2010, 06:36 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

I'm sure there are many here who can relate to your situation. Can I ask why you're against shared parenting?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not against shared parenting. I'm trying to settle on that . . . but shared time with someone who is actively hostile towards me and intent on maligning me to my 4-year-old is not easy to handle. I'd love to co-parent, but currently my daughter is being told that she has 2 mothers and that I'm really not her "family."
Old 08-17-2010, 07:19 PM

frustratedwithex is an unknown quantity at this point

I also listen to Asunder and find it very interesting.

I also listen to some pre-recorded programs on an Alberta lawyers web site.
familylaw-balbi.com

They are called L.A.W, Law advisory workshops. Try the one on March 14 2007-High conflict people in legal disputes.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:53 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

This site was on CBC? I think it was Rachel Cave that sent me a pm asking for an interview or something a while back, but I wasn't really that into it. I'll have to listen to the show.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 PM

Nadia is on a distinguished road

Yes, Asunder is on CBC Radio. I posted a link to the program episodes a couple of weeks ago under "General Chat." I also received a PM for an interview.

Welcome to the forum.

Nadia

Last edited by Nadia; 08-17-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

hmmm, They really sound like a ....

Quote:
"hostile", "battle", "extremely hostile", "gunning", "attacks me at every turn", "making settlement difficult", "difficult to tolerate",
I wonder what their version is ....

Welcome to the forum
Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 AM

CMG is on a distinguished road

hey mothercourage.

I too feel as if I am being attacked by a hostile ex. He's said that he would be happy with a 65/35 split but will fight me for 50/50 in order to not have to pay child support. He says that he won't pay a set amount for child support every month and wants me to bill him for child related expenses. In addition, despite the fact that we have already calculated our net family property and I am willing to not take an equalization of his pension, he refuses to deal with the equalization and the kids separately and will not give me my share of the net family property until we agree to custody and support which means that we have to continue living together while we either battle it in court or I concede to his crazy idea for billing him for child related expenses and hope that he pays them. I deal with my stress by running/biking/swimming, chocolate and the occasional glass of wine.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 AM

This was extremely helpful. Thank you for the link.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:02 PM

CMG, I can relate. It is hard to live normally and be ensnared in this type of ongoing conflict. The dealing with high-conflict people link through familylaw-balbi.com is really helpful.
Closed Thread