Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
jomm22 is on a distinguished road
Default hello :)


I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm actually only 21 and although I have never even been married, my parents are separated (as of 1997) and I joined this forum hoping to find more information on child support. I am currently attending post secondary school in Toronto and will be for the next two years, and I have a younger brother who just turned 18 this year. Hopefully I'll be able to find some helpful info, so far the forum seems really great!
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2010, 02:24 PM
sjp sjp is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5
sjp is on a distinguished road

If you google child support there are many helpful sites.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vaughan
Posts: 2,369
billiechic is on a distinguished road

what exactly do you want to know? We may be able to point you there quicker if you tell us!
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
jomm22 is on a distinguished road

Oh, sorry I posted more specific details in another post, under the financial issues section, but basically I was looking for more information on obtaining arrears child support, a little while after the fact (from the last four years), in a situation where the parents did not have a court arranged separation agreement (no court ordered child support amount).

I did google child support already and so I am aware of the fact that parents are required to pay child support until the kids are 18 and possibly longer if the child attends post-secondary, and I've looked at the chart amounts for child support. I also found that the FRA can force the parents to pay the support, but because my parents did not go to court for their divorce there is nothing to enforce at this point. I know that I could go to a Family Law Information Center for more info but I wanted to look everywhere online first
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,943
logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Appears like your parent's resolved child support. Kudos to them.
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.