Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 06:16 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
Yes, in the terms of time, 5 hours is 5 hours. But the cost of travel is substantially different. A 5 hour drive is a tank or 2 of fuel and a couple meals, so maybe $120-$150. A 5 hour flight out west is a few bucks more.......
plus with a car you can leave when you want, just get in and drive. With flights there are certain flight times, waiting in the airport , the actually drive to the airport and parking there. So it may be a 5 hour flight but that is actually flight time, it is all the extra waiting and security etc that will add more time on to it.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:34 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by didnthitme View Post
He has denied me to go out West because (I think) he believes I will not come back.

I have never given him an inclining that I will kidnap our children and take them West
But your first post says that your goal is to get sole custody and move the kids west. Kinda sounds like his belief is right. I cannot blame him for not wanting you to move the kids so far away from him. How about you leave the kids with him and move yourself? Doesn't sound so nice to you does it? You can fly the 5 hours to see them. This is basically what you are saying to him so before you jump down my throat for saying it remember this is what he is being told. This is not about how he treated you but about the kids rights. You say he is not co-operative but also say you are not willing to compromise, so you are both the same on that point.

Why would you need a lawyer to get a restraining order?? You can file for that yourself. Is it your lawyer that is not agreeable to the restraining order? If so one has to wonder why. If it is his then that is a no-brainer.
Closed Thread