Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 AM

dadof1 is on a distinguished road

oh boy, let the festivities begin!! I will be on the #1 shit list..AGAIN..lol I'm a big boy, I can handle it..lol The topping on the cake would be if ex would have to pay me support...
Old 09-28-2011, 10:15 AM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

You *MAY* want to call the cops ahead of time and give them a heads up, especially if your ex has a tendency to get nasty.

Also it goes without saying that you shouldn't open the door for your ex, once the daughter decides to move in with you, you send the ex a message at the time you would normally be taking her back at, indicating she has decided to move in with you. If the ex shows up pounding on your door, you politely ask them to leave, if they refuse, you call the police.

The next morning, you take the day off and do like Mess said. You file a motion , get an affidavit from your daughter indicating her wishes, and get er done.

Yes your ex would then technically owe you child support, but personally I would leave that alone for the time being. What you WANT to do is to kibosh any support payments that you owe to the ex. If you have a court order, you NEED to get it changed. If you are thru FRO, you ask your ex to voluntarily withdraw, if she refuses, you file a notice to FRO to have support terminated, and attach the amended order that you get with your motion, showing your daughter now lives with you.

You NEED to sit down with her and make sure she commits to living with you. She can't change her mind in 2 months and go back. Too much flip flopping and the court is going to get pissed.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:22 AM

thanks NBDad, I may will call the cops today and let them know what MIGHT happen. I don't know how to file a motion or an affidavit, do I need my lawyer for this?
we are not through FRO and divorce never went to court, went through our lawyers.
I think daughter is pretty commited to this move, we have discussed it at length.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 AM

staysingle is on a distinguished road

Would informing CAS the moment your daughter is home of her intentions not to return to her mothers and that you are concerned that the police and your ex showing up at your door is traumatic on your daughter ( which it is) be a wise decision?

I am concerned that the conflict will get damaging

Without doubt take the advise and make sure your daughter is in counseling / therepy. Regardless this is a terrible situation for a child particularly a 15 year old.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:31 AM

sorry, don't know what CAS is??
Old 09-28-2011, 10:52 AM

Lorac is on a distinguished road

Children's Aid Society
Old 09-28-2011, 10:55 AM

DUH...should have known that..
just called my lawyer, all advice from here is greatly appreciated, would just like to hear it directly from the horses mouth.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Heart-broken dad is on a distinguished road

I hope your ex will be smart enough not to mess up her relationship with your daughter. Definitely keep encouraging your daughter to communicate with her mom, whatever happens. Take the high road.....
Old 09-28-2011, 11:33 AM

I have always taken the high road, I never speak poorly about my ex to my daughter while daughter tells me I get put down daily at mothers house. I have moved on, not wasting energy on being bitter, she is the one who had affair and is the bitter one..go figure..
I'm sure relationships are going to be strained but will eventually work themselves out. I know where I stand with my ex and her new husband, #1 ahole... and I'm good with that.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:35 AM

I just spoke with my lawyer, he said no problems with her moving in, give it a trial period of a couple months before he goes to court on our behalf. He said our daughter should be the one to tell her mother, if she can't do that, we could have trouble down the road.
Closed Thread