Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Introductions

Introductions If you're new to the forums, drop by and introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 AM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

I understand your situation very well. I think that if it is worth it to you then you should just move forward, stop the back and forth between the lawyers and have your lawyer schedule a Case Conference. Serve your STBX and let him see that you are through with his bullying and would like answers and resolutions, as you are obviously not going to get them through any negotiation directly with him.

Don't spend one more minute worrying about his nasty emails, let him send them, let him threaten, let him rant, let him rave.... then giggle and file.

Honestly, you can't stop him from doing anything, you can only keep yourself sane by chosing to react (or not) in a way that makes you able to look yourself in the mirror in the morning.

Oh, and welcome
Old 07-08-2010, 11:37 AM

frustratedwithex is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not respond to his e-mails. I know they are rants. I don't tell him, but I do forward some of the ones that he fills with "legal advice" to my lawyer.

Should I let my lawyer know this is how stbx has reacted to the request for income information?

My lawyer sent this request to his lawyer on Monday, stbx lawyer is away, but the request was forwarded on by his assistant.

Stbx has been paying support based on the settlement draft that was drawn up with mediation. As of this morning he has not paid support (which isn’t unusual, he is consistently late), and indicates in his e-mail that if I don’t sign a letter he needs for the CRA, he will stop paying support.

I am trying to pick my battles, and don’t know if I should send my lawyer an e-mail now or wait and see if ex complies with the request for income information.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:41 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

Only my opinion, but I think that you have sent the request, let it rest for now and give it 30 days or so. Then very matter of factly, go see your lawyer, draw up your list of issues that need to be resolved, state your case - to your lawyer - obtain a Case Conference date from the court and Serve him with your Motion.

Your Case Brief will be the place that you make it abundantly clear the your STBX is not paying guideline child support, he is consistently late, and uncooperative with even this basic thing. Judges do not take kindly to this, and it tends to taint their view of a respondent if they are not current with child support. Any good lawyer will tell your STBX that if he has any chance in hell in front of a judge then he'd better come there with Clean Hands.

Let him threaten all he wants, he's pissed, he's blowing smoke up your #$%)

Oh - and these things take time, time, time, time, time, time
Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 PM

frustratedwithex is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I will let it rest for now and see what happens next week when his lawyer is back and see if he then sends the income information that has been requested.
Closed Thread