Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default Are YOUR parents divorced?

Out of the people here how many of you have parents that are divorced - they say divorce BREEDS divorce?

Also do you notice any trends in your family - like in my family ALL my maternal uncles and half uncles (5-6) except one are divorced but NONE of my maternal aunts are.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:14 PM

Wyntermcd is on a distinguished road

I'm not divorced mind you I've never been foolish enough to get married (totally meant as a joke), I am however from a blended family, my mom got divorced then remarried.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:46 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I never met any divorced families until I was in my teens. Unheard of in my world when I was young. My parents and aunts and uncles were all married - none divorced. Interestingly though, both of my siblings ended up divorcing. Of all the adult children from my siblings - none are married and all state they would never contemplate marriage and all say they will never have children.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:58 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Never knewith any divorced families when I was growing up. My parents divorced after 35 years, I was 30. Should have been a lot sooner to spare us kids.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:51 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Married 37 years. None of my family divorced but my husbands 2 sisters are divorced and every sibling on his mothers side are divorced. So it seems to come from that side of the family lol. Thank god I can blame my mother- in- law for my daughters bad choice anf failed relationship! Lol
Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 AM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Neither my parents nor my ex's parents are divorced. Sometimes divorce just mutates in out of nowhere.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:46 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

My parents split up and got back together through our childhood with the final separation at 13. Didnt get divorced but my father ended up in a new partnership thats been going on for 15 years. He was also married at 18 and divorced at 22 before he met my mother. All my siblings are married. My partner and I have no interest in getting married. He was married for 18 years.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:33 AM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
My parents split up and got back together through our childhood with the final separation at 13. Didnt get divorced but my father ended up in a new partnership thats been going on for 15 years. He was also married at 18 and divorced at 22 before he met my mother. All my siblings are married. My partner and I have no interest in getting married. He was married for 18 years.
Funny thing is that my friends were at a wedding and they the traditional bouquet and garter toss.

They said there was the regular scramble for the bouquet but when the garter toss came the guys completely escaped and a child ended up picking it up.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:03 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

Nearly everyone in my family is divorced, some of them multiple times. My parents divorced when I was 6 but amusingly enough they got back together a few years ago after 21 years divorced. They seem quite happy now.

My dad had another wife and step kids but his wife passed away. My mom dated and had many short/long term relationships but never re-married or even cohabited.

Because I knew divorce fairly intimately and had experienced life with a single Mom I was dead set against getting a divorce through the whole process. I knew it wouldn't solve the problems or make our lives any easier. My ex wife on the other hand has almost no divorces in her family and other than wanting to erase me from her life really had no experience. She ambushed divorced me and used many dirty tricks to steal as much money as she could. I really had no chance.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Hand of Justice

What about your kids? - my 6 & 8 yr olds are now saying they will never get married or have kids... I told them to not make any commitments just yet