Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 AM

LostFather is on a distinguished road

lmao my thoughts exactly!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM

AtALoss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
Just curious (from a psychology guy's point of view) why is that "the worst thing for the kids, besides being set on fire...."

Is there empirical evidence to support this assertion?

Does anybody really know? When I was a kid, long-term relationships were measured in weeks. I wonder if kids even notice parents' dating partners.

Again, just curious.

Cheers!

Gary
I think they do and it is a matter of what they retain that shapes them. My daughter told me on several occasions that if I ever get rid of my new partner she would kill me ( from an 8 yr old point of view) I didnt date alot and only introduced her to 2 people so that makes a difference too. Well its been five years later and we are all as happy as the perverbial pigs. One thing that we did discuss when dating was that it was very important for me to show her what a normal relationship is and that she could have this for her life someday too.

About our exs and thier relationships or lack of, well its fun to gloat but I just keep it to myself. Best for the kid and she has a multitude ofdays to make her own opinions about the ex.
Closed Thread