Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 05:38 PM

Epona is on a distinguished road
Default Yippee!!!! My ex has a girlfriend!!!

Maybe he will direct his attention elsewhere and cease trying to torment me (for a while anyway). The young 'uns met her on the weekend (even though they only started dating a week or so before -- bit early in my books to introduce the new girlfriend, but it's outta my hands!)
I am SO happy for him (but more happy for me! LOL ), and I hope it lasts.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

The worst thing for the kids, beside being set on fire, is for dad to introduce them to Sue this week, then they break up, then Melinda, then they break up, then a week later it's Penny, then they break up, etc etc ad inifinitum.

But if the new GF is going to stick around for a while, and not try to play instant step-mom, then they should be fine.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
The worst thing for the kids, beside being set on fire, is for dad to introduce them to Sue this week, then they break up, then Melinda, then they break up, then a week later it's Penny, then they break up, etc etc ad inifinitum.
Just curious (from a psychology guy's point of view) why is that "the worst thing for the kids, besides being set on fire...."

Is there empirical evidence to support this assertion?

Does anybody really know? When I was a kid, long-term relationships were measured in weeks. I wonder if kids even notice parents' dating partners.

Again, just curious.

Cheers!

Gary
Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

oh come on Mess, let the lady have a moment

And Gary, you may be on to something. When my Dad was dating, I was probably around 10 years old, and the best thing that ever happened was that his date gave me a book about horses on my birthday. Haven't a clue what her name was, but she had beautiful red hair, and that book was awesome! Never saw her again, but did I say, that book was awesome!

People come and go, life isn't always so serious. Let's just hope that they (ex and girlfriend) are sensible.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:26 PM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

Hurray for you!!!!! I SO hope my ex gets one soon as well!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Femme is on a distinguished road

I wish my ex would get a girlfriend!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:38 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
When I was a kid, long-term relationships were measured in weeks. I wonder if kids even notice parents' dating partners.

Cheers!

Gary
And look at you now. I rest my case.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:19 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
And look at you now. I rest my case.
tttttthhhhhhhhpppppppppppppttttttttttt.....

Gary
Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 PM

DunnMom is on a distinguished road

YAY! And hoping the euphoria lasts! AND that the "blissful" fight-free stage lasts a long long time.

But then you inevitablly get the "I am your NEW partner/spouse and I know what's best for you and your kids" phase and then all hell breaks loose again

I was lucky ... I had probably 5 stress-free years with fairly good communication and co-operation. Then I suspect (and yes, only suspect) that ex's common-law partner finally put her foot down when she realized that she was in turn (being part of a common-law relationship with a man who has kids) contributing to them and that ticked her off ... hence (as you know) we are embroiled in a court battle (

BUT ... on that note ... enjoy your calm & blissful stage!!! Every cloud has to have a silver lining right?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 PM

Pink is on a distinguished road

Let's hope for your sake she turns out to be a normal, functioning woman and not a piece of trailer trash like my x's fiance.

Had a great relationship going with the x too until the new gf stepped in and then all he cared about was her feelings, even the kids pointed that out.

Some of them get bitter when they see all that money going out the door for his kids and not into her pocket.
Closed Thread