Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2015, 03:16 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

My ex was Ordered to produce documents for many years. He vacillated from changing legal counsel to being self-represented and back to having legal counsel. We had very specific wording in Order but he got away with it nevertheless for many years. Many family court judges just don't want to deal with it. Until we requested, and received, a case management judge he got away with it. Even in the end he didn't produce all of required documents and I had to finally throw in my hand because, as others have so wisely said in other posts on this forum, the end result we were seeking didn't exceed the cost of pursuing this.

Important fact is that the person in contempt ALWAYS is given an opportunity to purge their contempt.

Your situation could drag on for years by your ex simply producing some, but not all, of the required documents.

Very frustrating for you. I'm sure others on here can give you some ideas on how to get duplicate identification for your children.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:16 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Order your own birth ertificate and go to service ontario or equivilant and tell them you,lost the health card. They will issue a new one. Then She can ask you for it.

Passport. Well you only need that,if you are intending to travel. And I a, guessing if she agrees to the travel she will provide the passport.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:13 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Is this another example of a high anxiety person making something of nothing?

When you need the card, ask for it - if she refuses then deal with it.

Judges don't like hypothetical problems
Old 11-25-2015, 07:53 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I don't see where you offered to pay for the copies? If it's a money issue for her, pay for them to get your documents no big deal.

I do agree with Links though, this isn't a hill worth dying on. Keep requesting the info via email, next time you are in court include in your motion or whatever that you be the one to hold onto the documents as she refuses to provide you with them.

I would request the health cards follow the children, don't worry about the birth certificate or passport those aren't needed day to day. Just ask that the health cards be provided on your time with the children.

My husbands ex was like that. Didn't want to provide birth certificates or anything to him either. No big deal. We ordered a long form for each child, which has much more info than the regular birth certificate

Tags
documents, notarised, order, provide