Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default whats wrong here?

Looking at the cosby all these organizations are throwing him out just on the basis of allegations?

Target removed GT5, not because of anything except violence against women....

Just shows how groups organizations value their reputations over what is fair, right or correct but instead it is mob rule now.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:22 PM

wantmyfreedom is on a distinguished road

no comment on the Cosby scandal.

Violence against women is wrong. So glad that these organizations value morality in a world obsessed with ecomomic gain.

You missed the story of the public health nurse and her two sons that were murdered because of the above noted violence.

She left him and went to a shelter. In family court she lost trying to get interim custody of her kids.

Now that's something to complain about. Poor lady and her kids lost their lives over domestic violence.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Hand of Justice

I dont disagree it isnt a problem why is that the only issue found weighty enough to get the game banned? The only conclusion can be more about how it looks rather than if its wrong
Old 12-04-2014, 05:51 PM

Thumbs down

Really??? Are we that desensitized as a society?

So you're upset over a damn video game?

You know what makes me upset. Jerks make me upset.

Jerks that abuse their wives and then go on to abuse the family court system.

Ever stop and ask why some women dont report violence. I'm willing to bet that nobody will believe them. Look at whats happening in the news.......

Last edited by wantmyfreedom; 12-04-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Hand of Justice

I am upset that despite the game portraying every single crime over 5 iterations it was only when the "violence against women" card was played that it was banned.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:34 PM

Card? Domestic violence is the worst crime of crimes and it cripples every aspect of society.

It cripples every social program here in Canada. Our taxes.

Then again it takes intellect to grasp that.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:40 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Looking at the cosby all these organizations are throwing him out just on the basis of allegations?
I think if it was just one, two, five allegations...its one thing. There's no doubt that it may be driven by a money motive and that Cosby deserves to be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

I just find it hard to fathom the number of women that are coming forward with credible, similar stories.

However, everyone deserves their day in court and its a great shame that these women didn't come forward a lot sooner if these allegations are true. They could have potentially saved another person from having been mistreated.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:05 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Violence against women is an excellent reason to ban a video game, so I'm not sure what the OP's point is here. Saying "well, the game shows other crimes and that didn't get it banned" is a logical fallacy - just because robbery and arson were considered okay by WalMart doesn't mean that violence against women must therefore also be okay.

And as for the Cosby case - it's not a few disgruntled accusers, it's dozens of women going back decades, many of whom are very bravely going on record and many of whom have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by coming forward (Bill Cosby is a powerhouse in American television). And it sounds like this was a poorly kept secret. I would be utterly amazed if all of these women were lying. It's unfolding very much like our own Jian Ghomeshi

If I were a "men's rights" activist, which I am not, my first order of business would be to deal with men like this, who give the whole gender a bad name.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:54 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

The only thing I've read about Cosby is headlines on Huffington Post. I'm intentionally not reading anything so that if trial goes on TV, I can try to position myself as a juror and make my mind up as facts are presented. I wish I had done this with some of the other headliner trials over the past 4-5 years.

One problem with this is that I'll have to subscribe to cable TV again. When I moved months ago I didn't get cable hooked up as fibre optic wasn't available in my area. It was a bit of a drag not listening to the news every night and missing some fav shows but I've discovered Netflicks and You tube and I have to say I don't miss the commercials.

Anyhow if/when the Cosby thing goes to trial and is televised I might just hook up the cable again.

Not reading all the sensationalized stuff has been interesting. Instead I read published articles.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:12 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

its up to Target if they want to sell the game or not. Has the actual game been "banned"? So if there was a pedophile in the game it would still be okay? Just trying to see where the line is drawn.