Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2015, 06:24 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

A few thoughts:

1. The line between giving posters a "reality check" (pointing out when their expectations are unreasonable or their interpretations of a situation don't make sense) and being just plain snarky for the sake of snarkiness gets crossed too often, which turns people off.

2. Conspiracies, posses and drama make an online forum too much like junior high revisited, which wasn't that much fun the first time around.

3. I recall when I first joined the forum that people would post general thoughts, musings, ideas etc about divorce and their divorces experiences, which often led to interesting conversations and different points of view being shared. That can sometimes lead to touchy-feely group therapy, but I thought it was generally handled well and members were respectful and mutually supportive (and sometimes very funny). Now, it tends to be more straightforward Q&A: I have this question about law/finance/logistics, can I get the answer? This is probably quite useful in providing a service to people who don't have or can't get good legal advice, but it does make things a little blander.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:46 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

My PM box is usually full.....my bad...for not directing peeps into the forum

I'll try harder to re direct
Old 11-06-2015, 06:51 PM

It goes on and on is on a distinguished road

I have tried posting in the past valid questions and essentially called a liar or insulted. I find that rather than answering questions at face value, there appears to be a hazing for new members. I just log in now, try to look for answers and ,I've moved on if I don't find it. I could have used help and advice over the past few years but I'm too afraid to post.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:25 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

It goes on and on: I just reviewed your previous posts and I don't see anywhere where someone called you a liar or has been insulting. Perhaps you have this forum mixed up with another?

No hazing for new members. You simply post questions and strangers answer. If someone thinks you are being less than truthful then they will say so. Advice here is cheap and comes from people who have experience going through same thing as you (or worse).

Sorry you aren't finding what you are looking for on here.

If you want to read through actual judge's decisions on cases in family law you can log on to CanLii and then select your province and on the top line insert some words to search for your topic. I believe your previous posts were about parental alienation so you would put in "parental alienation." You can see for yourself what sort of evidence judges rely upon.

Good luck
Old 11-06-2015, 08:31 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by It goes on and on View Post
I have tried posting in the past valid questions and essentially called a liar or insulted. I find that rather than answering questions at face value, there appears to be a hazing for new members. I just log in now, try to look for answers and ,I've moved on if I don't find it. I could have used help and advice over the past few years but I'm too afraid to post.
Odd, you have only four other posts on this forum, in the one thread you started:
http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ections-17833/

I don't see where anyone was insulting or called you a liar. Are you certain it was this forum?
Old 11-11-2015, 11:11 PM

Qrious is on a distinguished road

Actually, I left this site almost 2 years ago (in January) because SOME people were only critical and not helpful. Others (hi Blink, Arabian, and many others) were extremely helpful to me. It is an emotional time for someone going through a separation and what they DON'T need is attacks and criticism when they are genuinely trying to get help. That said, there are others here who are just trying to stir things up and be asses. I am stronger now, I am happy to say.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:18 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Hey Q! Hope all is well with you :-)
Old 11-12-2015, 12:26 AM

Qrious is on a distinguished road

Everything is great, Blink! Really great. X is now getting divorced from new spouse and has been asking ME for advice! lol. Can't say I'm not tempted to seek a little revenge here....
Old 11-12-2015, 01:05 AM

Lol! Karma works in funny ways, hmm?
Old 11-12-2015, 02:38 AM

The Iceberg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
I'm around. I find myself posting less though, it's true. There are fewer people coming to ask questions, fewer questions I know the answers to, and most questions I do know the answers to, I feel like I've answered already in the past, so the search function would turn them up.
Most new members would rather ask the question than use the search because they like to get more fresh info.

As far as the forum goes, as long as we have arabian, blink, links, bf, sos and many more, I will keep it in my favs and stop by from time to time