Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2014, 08:26 PM

Richard519 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Is there more to the story? Police called? Abuse? A big fight? In my case none of that. In fact no police involvement for the entirety of our 8 year relationship.

1. Police won't do squat. BUT, hopefully you filed a missing persons report.
This is an attachment on my affidavit. Hopefully you called 911 that night.

2. She asks for money? My opinion? GIVE it to her. Record somehow that
are giving her money. No matter what you owe money now. You will
owe from the day she left. Believe that. Arrears will need to be paid later
anyways and a judge will like to see you are being reasonable.

3. Do you know where she is? Does she let you talk to the kids? Are you
certain they're safe? If she's calling to say she needs groceries and
they're starving that's concerning. But also means not much planning on
her part. Which again makes me wonder .... are we missing something?

4. The word abduction .. you will catch a boatload of flack using that word
here. Basically, I use this definition. https://missingkids.ca/app/en/parental_child_abduction
Call them. They knew all the details and called it abduction for sure. Once you KNOW where your kid is and is SURE they're safe .. abduction is out the window. This is what I get from the word.

5. You have contact with her it seems. Get her denial of access in writing. If no luck go for an emergency motion with all the facts. DONT let a lawyer tell you no. You have messages that your child is not eating. That's an emergency. (In my books anyway).

6. In the emergency motion perhaps you can have the judge set an early case conference date. Show that she is denying access for no reason (if there is no reason) and the judge may order that both parties must make offers before the case conference for access. (Mine did .. that's how I began access).

7. DONT WAIT!

8. Keep emotion out of it and don't contact her. You don't want a restraining order or to sound mad or unreasonable. This will work in only her favor. Be patient, honest and reasonable and let the courts handle it from here.

The police came by a couple of hours after my daughters mother fled with my children, and told me that there was nothing that they could do, that basically, I was on my own, she's the mother, she can do what ever she wants.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Is there more to the story? Police called? Abuse? A big fight? In my case none of that. In fact no police involvement for the entirety of our 8 year relationship.

1. Police won't do squat. BUT, hopefully you filed a missing persons report.
This is an attachment on my affidavit. Hopefully you called 911 that night.

2. She asks for money? My opinion? GIVE it to her. Record somehow that
are giving her money. No matter what you owe money now. You will
owe from the day she left. Believe that. Arrears will need to be paid later
anyways and a judge will like to see you are being reasonable.

3. Do you know where she is? Does she let you talk to the kids? Are you
certain they're safe? If she's calling to say she needs groceries and
they're starving that's concerning. But also means not much planning on
her part. Which again makes me wonder .... are we missing something?

4. The word abduction .. you will catch a boatload of flack using that word
here. Basically, I use this definition. https://missingkids.ca/app/en/parental_child_abduction
Call them. They knew all the details and called it abduction for sure. Once you KNOW where your kid is and is SURE they're safe .. abduction is out the window. This is what I get from the word.

5. You have contact with her it seems. Get her denial of access in writing. If no luck go for an emergency motion with all the facts. DONT let a lawyer tell you no. You have messages that your child is not eating. That's an emergency. (In my books anyway).

6. In the emergency motion perhaps you can have the judge set an early case conference date. Show that she is denying access for no reason (if there is no reason) and the judge may order that both parties must make offers before the case conference for access. (Mine did .. that's how I began access).

7. DONT WAIT!

8. Keep emotion out of it and don't contact her. You don't want a restraining order or to sound mad or unreasonable. This will work in only her favor. Be patient, honest and reasonable and let the courts handle it from here.
Yes, there was an argument on the afternoon of April 2nd, that took place outside at my vehicle.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:29 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine wrote me a love poem, went sledding with me all day, had sex with me I went to work and she left. I've seen my daughter about 24 hours in total in 7 months. It's a "process" to see your kids.

The law's aren't right. Things need to change. Your ex will be in a status quo hunt now. Although I hope I wrong. Make your case, get access denials in writing, get mediation denials in writing, get to a case conference.

Take a deep breath and keep your patience. Will she communicate at all with you?

Police told me the same thing. She's the mom. It's okay. At least you had an argument. Mine seduced me in the bedroom before she did this.

Any charges? Did she file a report? What about CAS involvement? Restraining order?

Last edited by LovingFather32; 09-30-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:29 PM

OhMy is on a distinguished road

Straittohell beat me to one question

What did the judge order?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
As we advise all new posters, when children have been removed from the family home, the first course of action is for an applicant to file an emergency motion and have them returned -- particularly when the applicant has been an involved parent prior to the move and the children are established in their family home with neighbors, friends, school, etc.

I think you should be paying cs to your ex, so if you aren't setting aside the table amount from the date of departure, I would recommend you do so.

What is your lawyer doing for you at the moment? Do you have 50/50 access at the moment and/or has your lawyer advised you how he/she intends to get you there?
At this point, i'm on disability, but I have given her some money, as for my lawyer, he is not really doing much to help me get my children back, but is more inclined to help my daughters mother keep my children when she can't afford to keep them, take care of them, she is of the mentality that she wants to go out and party, and no one will tell her other wise.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Mine wrote me a love poem, went sledding with me all day, had sex with me I went to work and she left. I've seen my daughter about 24 hours in total in 7 months. It's a "process" to see your kids.

The law's aren't right. Things need to change. Your ex will be in a status quo hunt now. Although I hope I wrong. Make your case, get access denials in writing, get mediation denials in writing, get to a case conference.

Take a deep breath and keep your patience. Will she communicate at all with you?

Police told me the same thing. She's the mom. It's okay. At least you had an argument. Mine seduced me in the bedroom before she did this.

Any charges? Did she file a report? What about CAS involvement? Restraining order?
For the first three months since she fled with my children, she would not allow me to see my children, and when she was called out on her action, the judge had to put her foot down, and make her understand, that her actions are very detrimental to my daughters.

What's worse, when I asked my daughters mother why she kept me from spending time with my children, she had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't her decision, she deferred power to my oldest daughter to make up her mind on whether or not I can come and see my daughters.

That is the god's honest truth, a grown woman, adult, is deferring power to a teenager.

And on top of that, my outstanding wife was committing parental alienation syndrome, which I have brought to my lawyer, and he didn't want to hear that either.

My lawyer has been undermining my entire position, and wants to use kid gloves on this woman, and I am completely dumb founded by this entire situation.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:41 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard519 View Post
At this point, i'm on disability, but I have given her some money, as for my lawyer, he is not really doing much to help me get my children back, but is more inclined to help my daughters mother keep my children when she can't afford to keep them, take care of them, she is of the mentality that she wants to go out and party, and no one will tell her other wise.
how old is the oldest?

your ex is an adult and she can do what she wants with her life..she cannot do what she wants with the kids.

If you really feel that way about your lawyer then get another one before you get too deep into this.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMy View Post
Straittohell beat me to one question

What did the judge order?
Visitation during the week, about three days a week, my youngest keeps telling me that she wants to come home, and I have told my lawyer this, and he doesn't want to hear it.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:43 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you may need a more competent lawyer.

What did the judge say? Are you seeing them at all now?
Old 09-30-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
how old is the oldest?

your ex is an adult and she can do what she wants with her life..she cannot do what she wants with the kids.

If you really feel that way about your lawyer then get another one before you get too deep into this.
My oldest daughter is sixteen, and has been brain washed by her mother, and I am thinking about getting a new lawyer, the next appointment with my current lawyer will dictate which way I will go.