Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2017, 12:13 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default volunteering in the children's classroom

Just wanted to hear thoughts and opinions about volunteering in your children's classroom... particularly for non custodial every other weekend parents..

Last edited by trinton; 05-24-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:19 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Just wanted to hear thoughts and opinions about volunteering in your children's classroom... particularly for non custodial every other weekend parents..
Faithandmorals is the guy to ask about that. I say do it if you have time. Helping the school and children is always a good thing to do.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:04 AM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

I agree. The parents who volunteer at my school are the ones who have the happiest, most well-adjusted kids (in general). I can't think of anything wrong with helping your child and her school community. Maybe you could see her more on your non-access time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 05:12 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Do it!

(FYI, some schools (probably all these days), usually require a police background check depending on the nature of volunteering - so don't take it personally if they want one.

Probably not required if you're just doing stuff like tagging along on field-trips, etc. But may be required for in-class stuff.)

It's always good to be more involved (and known in a positive light) by your kid's school teachers/ staff.