Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2014, 10:17 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
This makes me sad. My partner puts his kids first. But his kids put him somewhere around 8 or 9th place. (Which I understand to a point since theyre teens). They dont even respond to emails or calls he makes. If we had the option to do shit with them we would. Hell i go searching for stuff to do when I know theyre even talking about a visit. These women give other new partners a bad name.
While I can totally understand that it is perceived as the new women, but at the same time, when are the men being forced to take responsibility?

I had this exact discussion with my fiance... he was trying to stick up for his Dad saying it wasn't his Dad's doing, which I get, its his Dad, but when did these men start allowing their new partners to treat this children like second class citizens? I am sorry, but his father is a grown man and has been for sometime and he lets this happen? This is just as much Dad's fault as it is the new women.

If I every treated my step children like his step mom treated him, I wouldn't expect him to stick around long.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Banned

childfocused is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioMomma View Post
Actually, they don't even come second.
The dog comes before them too, as does work, their new house, tattoos for dad... the list goes on...

Berner is right, it's a very all-too-common aspect of divorce.
I was recently told of a person who has moved in with a someone that doesn't work, has two kids of their and collects spousal support. Apparently, this person abandoned their own kids, and has embraced the kids of this someone