Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 PM

afraid is on a distinguished road

did any of you wear a condom when you wanted to start a family ? did i know 12 years ago when we had kids that my ex would abandon her kids and use the system in every way see could against me ? and there's nothing i can do because she gets under 10k a year from welfare she is not disabled or unable to work she just makes more money on welfare than working and having to pay cs and it's the kids that are paying for it. i know i picked her and i have to live with it i just came here to vent. i especially like arabain response "to look between my legs." your an asshole. maybe if i were a female posting i'd get better support. ty
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Afraid: You should realize that pretty much anyone on this forum made mistakes to be with the person they are now fighting in court with. You are male and therefore you will automatically get sympathy from the majority on this forum. It's a real pity-party and you've come to the right place to vent your frustrations about the mother of your children.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:34 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Afraid, we could have taken your initial post, switched the genders, and have the same result over and over again all across the country. Your vent isn't gender specific - lots of guys out there knocking women up and dropping them, not paying cs, working the government tab, under the table for their next case of beer, etc...

But this is a great place to vent, because many can commiserate. Losers aren't gender specific.. they are just losers. Keep venting!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:15 PM

Nadia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithandMorals View Post
This too is an offensive post.

When you started posting here about your troubles in leaving an abusive relationship did posters say it was your fault and you should have left?

Let's all please remember this is supposed to be a supportive forum for those seeking advice on how to fix their problems with family law, not what one thinks they should have done.
Have to agree with this. People should be allowed to vent if they want. No need for carass and below the belt commentary. Is it helpful? No. Is it indicative of the kind of person YOU are? Yes.

This thread (as do many of late) is fast becoming a competition for the most offensive comment one can make. Not in the least surprised by the comments made by Slug. But am surprised by Caranna, aren't you 65 years old or something? Had you pegged as a "refined" and compassionate older lady with time on her hands.

So, folks lets try and keep it clean and try and be more generous to those who come to the forum desperate for advice or just to vent. We've all been there.

Last edited by Nadia; 04-28-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:31 PM

FaithandMorals is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said. I hope we can get back to the positive support that used to be more commonplace.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Caranna's comment was to S-head, not to the OP.

Agreed, Caranna is very compassionate and refined but I'm not sure where the "time on her hands" comment comes from (?!). It's bad enough going thru Court in our 30's, 40's - Caranna was married for about 42 years if memory serves me correct - and is just beginning litigation. I highly doubt she has time on her hands.

Agree 100% with mcdreamy and the whole gender/loser logic.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 PM

It does not matter to whom the comment was directed at, OP or another poster.

The "time on her hands" comment was not meant to be offensive in any way, but just a fact indicated by how often one contributes to this forum and what one chooses to post. Navigating litigation at any age is going to be difficult. I can imagine it taking a toll on everyone involved, regardless of age.

Last edited by Nadia; 04-29-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Patronizing statement for sure.

I enjoy Carrana's posts. I also find different points of view to be interesting. My how boring this forum would be if everyone agreed with each other all the time.

Family law affects people of all ages and stages in life.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Patronizing statement for sure.

I enjoy Carrana's posts. I also find different points of view to be interesting. My how boring this forum would be if everyone agreed with each other all the time.

Family law affects people of all ages and stages in life.
You are missing the point altogether.

No one is being asked to agree with each other or not to voice different points of view. But is it really necessary to make a view explicit by employing carass and below the belt kind of references? It also does not cost much to show a little compassion towards someone who is coming to this forum for the first time. Like, I said before, we've all been there.

I also recognize that this forum is a lifeline for quite a few people. It offers an opportunity to reman connected with others in the same boat so to speak as well as share our own experiences to help others. So kudos to those that are able to dedicate their personal time to help others.

Last edited by Nadia; 04-29-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 AM

caranna is on a distinguished road

I simply cannot understand why you are so accusatory to me, Nadia. I did rather like Slughead in spite of his dreadful, misogynistic comments to Arabian and other women, and offered to tell him so, hoping he would stop this nonsense. There was no sarcasm in my comment.

After another one of his disgusting comments to Arabian, I told him I didn't like him. But I don't hate him. I don't hate anyone on this forum. I try to help others and if I come across as "offensive" to you, that is your problem.

And I am not 65 years old...I will be 70 later this year. I do not have "time on my hands" but thanks for judging me when you don't even know me. Just to give you a bit of information about me..people say I look a lot younger, and even that I am beautiful. I think those are nice comments but even the most beautiful person is ugly if he/she is bitter and judgemental to others.

So go back on your throne and pronounce further judgements against me if you wish; in fact, even say that I am judging you. I'm too busy to go back and forth with further replies to you.
Closed Thread