Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2014, 06:47 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

If a realtor knows they only have 30 days to sell your house they tend to work that much harder and will definitely recommend a "selling" price as opposed to a "tire-kicker" price. I never quibble about paying full real estate fees when list period is 30 - 60 days. I have successfully sold 2 homes with realtors with 30 days listings - one sold in 3 days and the other sold on the same day it was listed. Sure I could have jacked the price up and sat on it for months on end but I was happy with the profit I had made on the places and instead opted to get good solid offers, with no "subject-to" - take it or leave it. I purchased 2 homes directly from owners and had no problems whatsoever. Remember, possession date is entirely negotiable. Depending upon where you live, some people don't fancy moving in the middle of winter. As long as you get a non-refundable substantial deposit and the offer to purchase is executed properly you should be good to go. Proceeds from sale would be put into a trust fund anyhow until you finalize your equalization. You or your wife could access this money in trust on consent or through a court Order if need be.

I hope you can avoid any issue with your wife about agreeing on selling price or which agent to use. Those are often the big hurdles. I'd get her to buy-in to the idea of a short listing period etc. right from the start.

Last edited by arabian; 11-22-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:50 PM

Craigerst is on a distinguished road

Pretty sure we have worked out a mutually acceptable agent. We have a idea on what to list at but we may have different ideas on what to accept.

Last edited by Craigerst; 11-22-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:38 PM

Mike62 is on a distinguished road

Today has been a bad day emotionally. SO's anger is red hot. Thankfully my serenity prayer keeps me centered and I haven't reacted to the barbs flying my way though some hit their mark and sting.

Calm has now returned to the valley allowing me to escape to this Forum in search of some sanity. I typed in ups and downs which led me to this great thread. Many of the points I can identify with. Reading the posts remind me that this shall pass.

I'm feeling better!

Cheers!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:26 PM

Hey Mike - hang in there. We all have those bad days with ex's. I find it helps if one stays in a forward-thinking mode. The Blame Game is pointless.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Ups and downs you say? and then there's left, right and sideways loop-dee-loops! Sometimes it's the Ex making trouble, family members or bad news from the lawyers ... whatever it is you'd better get used to it. It's been almost 3 years and the Ex is still playing games and rattling my poor old nerves every chance he gets!!!!

I cry and rant at the 'unfairness' of it all and at the end of the day, all that matters is learning to cope with it one problem at a time. (It does get easier)
Old 02-21-2015, 10:12 PM

Son and I were in a car accident a few hours ago. Lucky it wasn't serious. My head took a good whack on the dash and my back is kinda sore. My hands are numb. Yes we were wearing seat belts. So that's my day! All in all though, nothing comes close to the stress of fighting with one's ex.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:30 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Son and I were in a car accident a few hours ago. Lucky it wasn't serious. My head took a good whack on the dash and my back is kinda sore. My hands are numb. Yes we were wearing seat belts. So that's my day! All in all though, nothing comes close to the stress of fighting with one's ex.
oh geesh not good. You are going to feel that tomorrow
Old 02-21-2015, 10:45 PM

My son say's I'm a wimp and that it "wasn't that bad" - good thing it's his insurance. I'm still a bit dazed. My chin hit the dashboard and we had seatbelts on so it was more than just a little collision. Son's first accident. He will now get his first experience dealing with claims people, body shop and insurance DEDUCTIBLE. Maybe he'll slow down while winter driving now.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:05 PM

Helpless is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
My son say's I'm a wimp and that it "wasn't that bad" - good thing it's his insurance. I'm still a bit dazed. My chin hit the dashboard and we had seatbelts on so it was more than just a little collision. Son's first accident. He will now get his first experience dealing with claims people, body shop and insurance DEDUCTIBLE. Maybe he'll slow down while winter driving now.
Great learning experience, not so great for your physical states, aches and pains, yuk!! Glad to hear you're alright!

As for the OP, hang in there, breath and try and see the good and positive in every day, situation...I saw separation as a learning curve, many ups and many downs, learnt a great deal about who I am as a person and STILL LEARNING! Best of lucky finding your happy place!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:19 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

You say that your hands are numb? I don't like the sound of that, perhaps you should take the day off on Monday and go see your doctor? Just to make sure.

Signed: Worrywortitis ((HUGS))