Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,004
rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog View Post
Tried that. It's court ordered so they wont change until my ex signs off.

Then work on a motion to change and include all the costs for school and talk to the people here who have advice on self repping and go for costs. Of anyone you have a case here. Youve tried working together, her decisions endangered your child. Your child deserves her cs. Its her right not your ex's. It will have to go to court obviously and the longer she waits the more she has to pay back.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,726
HammerDad will become famous soon enough
Default

In your motion don't forget to be asked:

1. for repayment of any over payments you made;

2. pre and post judgment interest; and

3. costs.

This should be a simple motion. The information is clear as day. Your is being unreasonable for refusing to adjust c/s.

As a dad to a young daughter, what happened to you kid is my worst nightmare. I agree with your new spouse that you aren't any good to anyone behind bars..... but man, it would be satisfying.....
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,004
rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default

Remember that your ex has lost her partner ($$$) her kid ($$$) and now has to pay you ($$$). Of course shes going to lawyer up. She has to protect herself. Youve got a pretty cut and dry case here and if she keeps up her crap, shes just looking worse and worse.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
tdog is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Remember that your ex has lost her partner ($$$) her kid ($$$) and now has to pay you ($$$). Of course shes going to lawyer up. She has to protect herself. Youve got a pretty cut and dry case here and if she keeps up her crap, shes just looking worse and worse.
She has 5 days. After that there will be a motion. (With costs).

As far as her partner, he never worked. One less mouth to feed. His trial starts in June.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,809
Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
As far as her partner, he never worked. One less mouth to feed. His trial starts in June.
I hope he gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Did you daughter ever talk to her mother about the abuse? If so, did she take any action...especially given that there was another child in the house?

Off topic but I was just reading a news article where a notorious reality star is now dating and bringing a guy around her children who was convicted of molesting her eldest daughter. The story actually made me kind of sick to read.

I'm very sorry for your situation. It sounds luckily like you're doing all the right things to help your daughter to heal from this.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
tdog is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
I hope he gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Did you daughter ever talk to her mother about the abuse? If so, did she take any action...especially given that there was another child in the house?

Off topic but I was just reading a news article where a notorious reality star is now dating and bringing a guy around her children who was convicted of molesting her eldest daughter. The story actually made me kind of sick to read.

I'm very sorry for your situation. It sounds luckily like you're doing all the right things to help your daughter to heal from this.
She tried to talk to her mom. She told her she was depressed. Was told by mom she's just like her dad. Depression is just in your head, smarten up.

As far as prosecuting, yes he's looking at serious jail time. Trial starts next summer.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
tdog is on a distinguished road
Default

Time to put the motion together.

She absolutely refuses to budge. Doesn't think she should have to pay a penny in support.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
tdog is on a distinguished road
Default

Just thought I'd give you all an update.

Step father plead guilty and got 1 year in jail and 20 on the registry.

As for the ex, we went to through mediation, still no resolution. I did get a temporary CS order for half of table. She made 2 payments for less than ordered and stopped paying completely. FRO has sent her a letter. Yey.

Kid is now in university and made the deans list. She's doing great. She refuses to talk to her mother.

This has made me a really bitter man.

I try to stay away from the board as everytime I read the words "he's a better father than my ex ever was" or "he needs to step up as a father" I get really angry.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,004
rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog View Post
I try to stay away from the board as everytime I read the words "he's a better father than my ex ever was" or "he needs to step up as a father" I get really angry.

Try not to see others situations as similar to your own. Or that another persons new partner will be a bad parent. There are a lot of great moms and dads on this forum including you. Sadly there are a lot of bad moms and dads in the world including your ex and her "new" partner. Your daughter is a success story. Its unfortunate she had to go through what she did but you were there for her, you fought for her, you continue to protect and guide her. Not many children have that in their lives.

I wish my mother had met someone who was able to give us the love and support (emotional!!!) that my father did not. He is still a selfish jerk who is wrapped up in his own life even now that he has zero responsibilities.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Janus's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,342
Janus will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog View Post
I did get a temporary CS order for half of table.
Why half table?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dropping off child, at exchange time...waiting for other parent to "wake up". dad2bandm Parenting Issues 16 03-13-2013 10:42 AM
When is it time to part ways with your lawyer ddol1 Divorce & Family Law 12 01-07-2013 09:44 AM
Asking for "lieu" time leroadrunner Parenting Issues 4 11-30-2012 02:43 AM
first time through court for custody Kevin_Hill88 Divorce & Family Law 39 09-24-2011 10:16 AM
Support Variation wildrose Financial Issues 89 02-03-2011 12:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.