Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac View Post
Oh I sucked in English class. and no were near as wise as anyone here
well I did not really have any real English class. And English is my 3rd language and I use (trying to use) on daily basis since 2006.

I wish I would not so lazy ... Yea I can tell this almost about anything
Old 10-31-2011, 10:53 PM

ddol1 is on a distinguished road

I shall admit I used to proof the CEO's annual speech to the shareholders, and a ton of other stuff, drawings and engineering documents, albit at a small organization out in Calgary and I was the technical writer for the "technical operators and service/maintenance manuals" for all equipment leaving the plant...... did that stuff as a sideline to my regular job of keeping the manufacturing plant well oiled and purring as smooth as a kitten".

Ok I admit I could have said that better! (shows we have a new was two weeks old when we got her but that seems like alifetime ago now that she hit the proud age of 12 weeks..... now if I can just keep here from chewing up the corner of my financials in my briefcase I will be ok. Seriously this is also before my body and a good chunk of my brain stopped working right or at least as well as it used to. Used to get more done befoream break than I can get done in a week or two now but I still try.

If in the end, if I can help some - I am here.......... ok again I'll admit I leave once in a while (I call it my phase out period - happens during the worst times) but in the end I always come back! Just don't smile as much as I used to for some reason???
Old 11-01-2011, 01:22 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

I would consider helping you edit your work. At least an initial edit to get the point across. My Fiancee writes papers for University all the time, I will ask how she cites other papers and other authors work for you.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweb13 View Post
I would consider helping you edit your work. At least an initial edit to get the point across. My Fiancee writes papers for University all the time, I will ask how she cites other papers and other authors work for you.
thank you,
I really appreciate it
Old 11-01-2011, 02:38 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

No problem, let me know when you have a rough draft, or want to get together to brainstorm ideas sometime.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:37 PM

Default Copyright Act, Fair Dealing

Today at lunch I read (scan) Copyright Act, RSC 1985, c C-42

particularly interested section is:

Quote:
Exceptions

Fair Dealing
Research or private study

29. Fair dealing for the purpose of research or private study does not infringe copyright.

R.S., 1985, c. C-42, s. 29; R.S., 1985, c. 10 (4th Supp.), s. 7; 1994, c. 47, s. 61; 1997, c. 24, s. 18.

Criticism or review

29.1 Fair dealing for the purpose of criticism or review does not infringe copyright if the following are mentioned:

(a) the source; and
(b) if given in the source, the name of the
(i) author, in the case of a work,
(ii) performer, in the case of a performer’s performance,
(iii) maker, in the case of a sound recording, or
(iv) broadcaster, in the case of a communication signal.

1997, c. 24, s. 18.

News reporting

29.2 Fair dealing for the purpose of news reporting does not infringe copyright if the following are mentioned:

(a) the source; and
(b) if given in the source, the name of the
(i) author, in the case of a work,
(ii) performer, in the case of a performer’s performance,
(iii) maker, in the case of a sound recording, or
(iv) broadcaster, in the case of a communication signal.

1997, c. 24, s. 18.
but it still does not clear how much can be used etc...

I probably better start working on article itself and than deal with copyright. I just got feeling than more I read about that Copyright staff than less and less I have desire to do it... I just afraid that I spent all my energy and inspiration on dealing with "Copyright" and nothing will left for real staff

If someone came across something like Copyright for Dummies (Canada) I would really appreciated it you point me into it ...

PS:
I was also reading today some Citation Guide and now I finally know what is:

Quote:
Ibid.

Ibid. (which means “in the same place”) is used when references to the same work immediately follow each other, and may differ only in terms of page number. If the work refers to the same page, the citation simply reads Ibid. Note that the word Ibid. is followed by a period. If the citation refers to a different page of the same work, use Ibid. followed by a comma and the new page number (e.g., Ibid., 8.). If the item you are referencing is on a web page that is not numbered, simply use Ibid. (NOT Ibid., World Wide Web).
Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 PM

binmom is on a distinguished road
Default Citation guidelines

Hi, WorkingDad,
You can check out the two main citation guides for research papers: MLA and APA.
MLA citation style · Library "How To" Guides · Help & Instruction · Concordia Libraries
Citation and Style Guides · Library "How To" Guides · Help & Instruction · Concordia Libraries

Good luck!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:15 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road

If you want any documentation on blogging, or where to begin, how to create one blog and have it fired off to multiple sites etc (let me know)...

I'm in IT all day...and most nights...
Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 AM

FaithandMorals is an unknown quantity at this point

Working dad, I have a degree in English and I think we live pretty close. I also have numerous friends that are bi-lingual in your native language and English. If you still require help with the English formatting, I will help you.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithandMorals View Post
Working dad, I have a degree in English and I think we live pretty close. I also have numerous friends that are bi-lingual in your native language and English. If you still require help with the English formatting, I will help you.
Thank you
I will keep in mind
have to finish with my case first thou...